Lol where should I place this activity under?

<p>It’s kind of weird.</p>

<p>I went to my dad’s dental office every day over the summer to learn about the stock market from him. i opened up my own trading account and worked with options and other stuff for about 4 hours a day.</p>

<p>I think it’s worth listing, but where would I put it? Is under EC’s okay? It’s not work experience.</p>

<p>Uh, I think that's taking EC's a little far. I mean, would you put down just learning something out of interest, like balancing a checkbook or how to be successful at the NY Times Crossword Puzzle (which takes a lot of time!). I'd say, leave it off, but others may have a different opinion.</p>

<p>i think thats too far too...but you may put down on additional info in a form of a short paragraph...</p>

<p>i dunno i thought it was okay. I mean I was working with real money every weekday during the summer. But it just doesn't fit under work experience.</p>

<p>guess i'll leave it off then...</p>

<p>It might have been a cool thing to put in a personal statement, except for the fact that I think the readers are looking more for a personal triumph and overcoming challenges than something that seems a little on the elitist side, no offense.</p>

<p>Don't put it in the additional information. I don't think that's what that section was meant for.</p>

<p>how is it elitist? because hardly any other high school kids do it? that's why i wanted to mention it, it seems like everyone here thinks i'm pretentious (got that from about 3 different people reading my essays) when i'm leagues below the average CC'er here so why the hell would I be?</p>

<p>whatever though i didn't add it, turned in my app</p>

<p>yeah duck, I wasn't really trying to be bit#hy with my comment. Just that the people that read this stuff are usually more "save the world from world hunger" instead of "I made a million bucks in five minutes", if you catch my drift. Playing the market vs. saving a kid from dying -- well, you have to admit you aren't going to hear that stuff from someone who's lived in the bush. That's all I'm saying, I was just trying to help give a little perspective, but I really didn't intend to put you on the defensive. Sorry!</p>

<p>If you get 3 people who are saying that they felt you were pretentious, then maybe it's the tone of your essay. And chances are the reader will have the same reaction. Does this mean that you are full of it in real life? Doesn't have to.</p>