Looking for a feeling about Admission...

<p>Well hello there! I was hoping that some of you good people out there would take a moment and give me a comment about how I'm looking for Admission into VT. Positive or Negative, I'm just trying to gather more information so I can take a break from fretting about this April.</p>

<p>GPA-
Total High School= ~3.6 weighted</p>

<p>9th and 10th Grade are the biggest factors in bringing it down. 3.2s each of those years. I know they look for trends and I had a 3.7 last year and this year I've got about a 4.2, so I'm hoping that helps. I have also been taking more APs and harder classes each year.</p>

<p>Class Rank= 88/280</p>

<p>SAT-
Reading= 720
Math= 590 </p>

<p>I'm retaking the SAT on Saturday to try and get the math score into the 600s.</p>

<p>ACT-
Composite= 27
English= 28
Math= 24</p>

<p>APs/Extra Curriculars-
1 Year in Odyssey of the Mind - Team placed 1st in Regionals/3rd in States
2 Years in Model United Nations</p>

<p>9th- 0 APs
10th- AP Euro (3 on AP Test)
11th- AP US History (3 on AP Test) // AP English 11 (4 on AP Test)
12th- AP Gov // AP Physics // AP English 12</p>

<p>Other Info-
I plan on majoring in Political Science and if I get in, I'll be joining the Corps of Cadets on my journey to become a Naval Officer! I was deferred for Early Decision, but on the bright side, I will get to send in the first semester of grades for 12th Grade, which should help!</p>

<p>So there you are. Thank you very much for any comments you can provide!</p>

<p>If you were deferred, that means you had something that VT thought they couldn’t pass up, but didn’t admit you right off. If your senior year grades look really good and your math SAT goes up ~20-30 points, I would honestly say you have a very good shot of admission. You are also right when you state VT looks for trend in applicants. If they notice your GPA was a 2.0 during your freshman year, but then you start bringing A/B average up from then and get your GPA up to a ~3.7-3.8 out of that, they are more than likely going to calculate your GPA using only your sophomore-senior years. I think you have a pretty decent shot, especially for political science. I know nothing about the Corp, so I don’t know how that is done.</p>

<p>That’s good to know.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>