Looking for chemical engineering with good merit for high stats

Michigan State University will get you a half scholarship in their honors program and lots of extras like guaranteed research, mentor, $5,000 for study abroad. It’s a great program for engineering.

Rose Hulman you might get a full ride but definitely a half scholarship.

Illinois Institute of technology - possible free ride. Small campus and not what you would expect. I would visit it. Kids get jobs.

Iowa State University. Good engineering program and will get lots of merit. Great campus spirit.

And using the same application is University of Iowa. Tons of Illinois kids go to both schools. Merit it is there also. Great campus.

Both are easy ins for you. Apply today and most likely be accepted next week. But… Not easy schools and both good programs

4 Likes

Forgot to list this b4.

If you’re interested in aerospace, two others that are “suburban” are Embry Riddle in Daytona and Florida Tech in Melbourne Florida - real nice - both would be a half scholarship most likely. Both get their students jobs.

Article I promised on Illinois/Alabama

Growing brain drain: University of Alabama’s gain in drawing Illinois students is a loss for Illinois - Chicago Tribune

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Looking into these. Where is your son going?

Thank you! This helps the confidence level! Will look into these too!

He goes to Bama but got into Purdue with scholarship. I don’t get it. Purdue is awesome but as he and so many others say, once you step on Bama campus it’s awesome. And the housing situation at Purdue wasn’t good. Bama has Ridgecrest where you get your own room.

Many kids are going to Bama. The engineering quad is state of the art. He also picked it bcuz I go to Tuscaloosa for work and it’s three hours closer to home than Purdue so that gave him comfort.

Tons of great schools out there. You just have to find the right fit for you. And fit includes budget.

2 Likes