Looking for feedback on these courses

<p>S is looking for one more 3 credit class to round out his schedule. Ideally, it would be an interesting, fun, not-too-demanding course that will fulfill one of his HU/L/FA/HI/SB requirements (bonus if it also applies toward University Honors.)</p>

<p>He is currently taking Arts and Parody - which he very much enjoys and is about the level of time commitment he is looking for. For the record, he’s not happy that I made him take UH120 - Honors First Year. It is apparently very time consuming and not at all what I told him it would be (oops.) Also, he doesn’t have a car so it would be difficult to take a course that required a lot of transportation around town.</p>

<p>Here are a few of the classes he is considering (realizing that some of these may be very difficult to get into):</p>

<p>CL 222 Greek Roman Mythology
MUS 121 Intro to Listening
UH 210 Egyptian Culture
CJ 100 Criminal Justice
UH 210 Behind the British Mask
REL 100 Intro to Religious Studies
UH 101 Survey: Southern Values
UH 101 Survey: Dialogue in Humanities</p>

<p>A couple of these carry the Fine Arts designation, which he already has with his current Arts and Parody class. I think I read here that he could have 2 FA classes to fulfill his 3 HU/L/FA course requirement.</p>

<p>Any thoughts on the above classes or any other class that might be of interest to him?</p>

<p>Southern Values is the course my son sat in on during his tour of 'Bama. The title sounded deadly dull to him but he loved what he experienced. Of course, the teacher was Louise Cary, and anything she teaches seems to be hot.</p>

<p>My son, a freshman, is currently taking UH 101 Southern Values with Louise Cary and LOVES it. Teacher great and material interesting. Class involves discussion and a couple of papers (one on your hometown)</p>