Looking for roommates: when?

<p>is it wise to start looking for them now, right after i completed the housing app? or should i wait until the spring, when everything settles down for me (but also when rooms are selected)?</p>

<p>also, as an aside, when do they send out the roommate finder codes? they said on mondays from nov to july, but i didnt get mine today…</p>

<p>I was just about to make a similar topic. I didn’t receive my code either yet and I applied last Tuesday. </p>

<p>I’m looking for roommates now so when it’s time to pick rooms, I’ll be ready.</p>

<p>I got my code exactly one week from when I applied. I sent in all of my forms and payments on a Tuesday and received my code the following Tuesday. Even though it says that they send them out on Mondays, wait at least a week before you start panicking.</p>

<p>i emailed them. they manually sent me the code.</p>

<p>ok back to the original topic: should i start looking for roomates now, or is it too early? i dont want it to be awkward or anything.</p>

<p>could someone explain to me how this process works? </p>

<p>i’ve already filled out my housing app and sent in the payment. i never received anything by mail but i see my roommate proxy code under the housing app in mybama.</p>

<p>@mastermania</p>

<p>You will get your proxy code in exactly one week from the time you complete the housing application. I finished my housing app last Tuesday, and today I got my roommate proxy code.</p>

<p>siglio, feel free to start looking for roommates now if you want. Remember too that you have an option of just selecting a space and seeing who else chooses that suite. I’ve done both and each option has its pros and cons. Remember that it is not necessary to be best friends with your roommates; you just take things in stride and enjoy college. :)</p>

<p>^meh im leaning towards that …though it would be nice to have some more control…of course, i would like to see what the wind blows my way too</p>

<p>if i select a space, do i reserve it? or do they release it to other people after a certain amount of time if no one else selects the same room?</p>

<p>You will select your own space. The other spaces will be open for selection by other people and you will able to see the names and e-mail addresses of those who have selected the other spaces. Some people choose to look up their potential roommates on facebook when selecting a space in order to choose a suite with people that they will be good roommates with.</p>