Los Angeles or Santa Barbara?!? I CAN'T CHOOSE!

<p>I got into both UCSB and UCLA, and I have absolutely no idea where I should go. </p>

<p>UCLA - M mom went there, is sooo happy I got in, she is already telling people thats where I’m going. Its only 30/45 mins away, so I can still live at home, and keep my job here.</p>

<p>UCSB - Its away from home! No one but my friends really want me to go there, they say its my chance to get away and I should take it while I can.</p>

<p>Either school I will have to get loans, so financially it doesn’t make much of a difference, both campuses are gorgeous, and am just having the hardest time deciding! I only have until June 1st to decide!!</p>

<p>WHERE SHOULD I GO??!??!</p>

<p>I'd honestly go to UCSB just based off of the location.</p>

<p>go to LA and live on campus. it wont be that bad to have your mom nearby, theres always that opportunity of sunday breakfast or something that your mom would pay for.
also, check which school is more specialized in your major.
also, LA is the better school, far less party oriented but still there, great dorms and campus and you have lived the beach life before so right on the water is no big deal.
just do LA you will be way happier in the long run i think.</p>

<p>I love UCSB; I go there but have also visited LA. LA is huge and it feels less like a campus to me, UCSB has a smaller feel to its campus plus good community feel with IV. There is a party scene but that is not all this school offers. Both schools have great academics, UCLA a little more prestige but if you are planning to go to grad school, your undergrad is not as important. Either way it is a good choice, do you want city life or a laid back beach community. There are very different atmospheres. I have herd that LA is kind of dull on the weekends unless you are in a Frat or Sorority, I don’t know how true that is but I do know there is a lot more competition for grades there. Good luck!!!!</p>

<p>It’s always good to get away from home, you are not that far form LA and a change defiantly makes for a new exiting experience!</p>

<p>Thank you guys... I need all the advise I can get!!</p>

<p>it seems like UCLA is more convenient for you so I would say UCLA..</p>

<p>but if you'd rather spend your next 2(?) years at UCSB and can see beyond the prestige factor, UCSB definitely.</p>

<p>
[quote]
UCLA a little more prestige but if you are planning to go to grad school, your undergrad is not as important.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I have to disagree with this.</p>

<p>It's not the prestige that matters for people when it comes to getting into grad school, per se, but access to better resources and the overall quality of the program that matters. Whether we want to believe it or not, grad schools DO care about where you do undergrad. It's not going to decide your fate, but it will help you (if only marginally) to have a better name on your grad school apps.</p>

<p>This is not to say that UCSB is a door closer. It's not. But I wouldn't be flippant and say that undergrad isn't factored in at all.</p>

<p>I have to say it, you're simply talking about where your mom/friends want you to go...I know its hard to separate from that, but what do YOU want to do. Forget EVERYONE else's opinion--the truth is they're both great schools and you can't really go wrong...so decide based on what YOU want from your college experience.</p>

<p>Hey I'm from Rancho Palos Verdes dude.</p>

<p>Did you happen to go to PVPHS.</p>

<p>I am currently at UCLA and it is a great school. Difficult but not that bad.</p>

<p>You should go to UCLA.</p>

<p>UCLA without a doubt.
Hey what are your stats anyways?</p>

<p>Yeah I went to Peninsula, graduated 04. I'm going in as a transfer, i know UCLA is the better school, but my heart just isn't in it. UCSB just seems more my thing. But I'd be disappointing soo many people..</p>

<p>Choose the one YOU want to go to. It's the next two years in YOUR life. GL =)</p>

<p>nobody should be disapointed if you go to sb. It's a great school, and they'll get over it--especially if you're happy :)</p>

<p>definatly do what you want to do, i grew up on the east coast and all of my friends and family tried to talk me out of comming to UCSB. Going to this school is one of the best decsions i have ever made in my life, i have so much fun here and i am learning alot, it is an amazing balance of everyhting. The school, people and community are all amazing! do what you feel is right because no one else will be living the experice but you. The people at home will get over there own issues with it and if they dont who cares its your life to live not theres!</p>

<p>I actually want to transfer to UCSB from UCLA, it all comes down to the happiness factor. I'd like to be happy at the school I go to, and I'm not too happy here at UCLA. </p>

<p>Educationwise, I feel that if I was happy I'd get the best education, so the fact that UCLA looks good on paper isn't enough to give me a smile. </p>

<p>Said happy a lot huh? </p>

<p>^ This is just me though.</p>