Lost Scholarship Letter?

<p>So a few weeks ago, I received a letter informing me I would be receiving a departmental scholarship for theatre on the design/tech track. I was rushing to leave when I got it, left it on the counter. My dad snagged it and subsequently lost it. The issue here is that there was a form I had to send back accepting the scholarship…but it’s gone. Who do I contact, what do I do?</p>

<p>who is your area recruiter? That person may be able to help you identify the correct person and department. Start with them.</p>

<p>Also, don’t panic whatsoever (and congrats, by the way - way to go techie!). UA is notorious for working together to solve problems, and will put things right for you.</p>

<p>Scott Mackey - I’ll send him an email right now. Thank you both!</p>

<p>if he can not tell you exactly who to contact, he should be able to give you someone that can help you find the right person. </p>

<p>And like aeromom said, congrats!</p>

<p>You probably need to contact the theatre department since they are the one offering the scholarship. D’s art scholarship letter came from the art department and the acceptance form was to be returned to the department chair.</p>

<p>Looking at the theatre department page, I was able to find this number from the Design-Tech information sheet on the auditions page: 205/348-5283 </p>

<p>[Department</a> of Theatre and Dance|| Program Auditions](<a href=“http://theatre.ua.edu/department/auditions/]Department”>http://theatre.ua.edu/department/auditions/)</p>

<p>Thank you. :slight_smile: I just sent him an email. He’s always been very prompt in the past, so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Again, thank you!</p>

<p>Oops, posted at the same time as BamaMomof3. Thanks for the number! I’ll look into that.</p>

<p>Wow. Mr. Mackey replied only eight minutes after my first email. I’ll never get over just how much each faculty member genuinely cares for each student. I’ve spoken with him only twice before, yet he was overwhelmingly kind and personal. My guidance counselor still doesn’t know my name four years later - and my senior class is only 103 kids. </p>

<p>He also suggested contacting the Department of Theatre and Dance directly, so I’ll give them a call later today.</p>

<p>Yes, call the department directly, they probably can email you another copy of the form to sign (rather than snail mail).</p>