Lots of 4 room suites in RC S N

<p>Tideman,</p>

<p>Try Lakeside West, 1 room, all floors. I am showing several available right now.</p>

<p>Tideman - are you selecting a specific dorm or selecting “all”? There seems to be a glitch if you search under “all.”</p>

<p>My son started attempting to log in a few minutes before 7:00, it let him in a little after 7:00, and he got a room in Ridgecrest South North Tower on the fourth floor. He checked the other three students out on facebook and it looks like they are all from the same high school, which hopefully means they all get along and hopefully doesn’t leave him as the odd-man-out.</p>

<p>Keep checking There are 2 spots in RC west right now. 9:15</p>

<p>Choose the dorm building. Choose 1 space. Choose all floors. Then you get the results of 1 space, 2 spaces, 3 spaces, or 4 spaces in a suite. </p>

<p>Keep checking until it’s over for tonight.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help. DS got in Lakeside West 2nd floor.</p>

<p>randomparent - Are you sure the 4th floor is an honors floor? I thought honors was only 1 through 3.</p>

<p>Randomparent: Please call housing to check about Ridgecrest South North Tower -Floor 4 to see if it is honors. Last year only floors 1-3 were honors housing, but things do change…let us know if there is a change, as that would be helpful to some other kids trying to get rooms. Thanks.</p>

<p>Does every single thing about going to college have to be so painful?</p>

<p>I said exactly the same thing last night!!!</p>

<p>I am happy that DS did get in somewhere. But now I learn that the Riversides are far away from everything. Well, thank God DS is an avid hiker who loves to walk. Sounds like he’ll be doing a lot of it!</p>

<p>Wow, if floor 4 is now Honors, we will definitely try to get DS in there. How does one do that? I thought his only option was last night – unless he wants to wait till April??</p>

<p>Lady Di
The next room selection is April 12 from 6-10pm Central time. That is the last selection for honors. After that I believe you can continue to look for rooms based on the schedule on this link. Scroll down on the page.</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/selection_schedule.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/selection_schedule.cfm)</p>

<p>LadyDi - I would definitely hold on trying that move until you hear from at least two sources that RSN4 is Honors. The suites would be the same obviously, but getting that non-honors room once keeps you out of honors rooms forever (at least as it stands now).
The Riversides being “far” is relative to the layout of the campus, not like you’re talking any appreciable extra distance.
Looks like April 12 is the next chance to move., unless he finds someone in an existing room who wants to swap - looks like room swap is available any time.</p>

<p>Randomparent - if you call housing and find that RSN4 is non-honors they may be able to switch you on the spot or put you on a list or something, though it appears if it was avail. then it should be honors. Still, last year there were bugs in the system - this warrants a call. Let us know how it shakes out.</p>

<p>Also looks like after all that general freshman housing is open daily May 9 - June 30. You can guarantee things will move around a bit so if you are still concerned I’d just keep looking and see what comes up.</p>

<p>Thanks, AL and Cuttlefish!</p>

<p>We, too, saw all those RC N 4 rooms open, but we assumed they were non-honors, so we didn’t bite. However, if they were non-honors, why would they have shown up at all? (Unless, as you say, AL, there was a bug in the system.)</p>

<p>It would be terrible to think that a lot of folks lost out on RC N 4 just because they feared it would be non-honors. Ugh! I wish Housing had sent a clarifying email or sumpin’.</p>

<p>From UA Housing Website:</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South: “The North Tower houses Honors students on the 1st through the 3rd floors” </p>

<p>4th floor was an option for my son last night but did not select it because of the above.
He is in Ridgecrest West. Being OOS, pray this is a good selection for him.</p>

<p>kmwjes: Ridgecrest West is a lovely dorm. Your son will find that there will be a good mix of upperclassmen/incoming freshmen there. Sea<em>tide (Washington State), Mesquite</em> girl24 (Texas), Malanai’s son (Hawaii) and my son (Virginia) all are RW residents.</p>

<p>I just called housing and they said that the fourth floor of Ridgecrest South North Tower is now honors housing.</p>

<p>FWIW, when my son logged in last night right after 7:00, only one room came up in RSNTand he reserved it right away, then looked again and a second room came up but he was still trying to find out about the first room so he didn’t take it. We checked a few minutes later and nothing came up for RSNT.</p>

<p>It was our assumption that anything that came-up had to be Honors Housing.</p>

<p>Edit to add: When we click on his “Myhousing Assignment” link the “Assignment Information” states “Community: Honors Community” for his assigned room.</p>

<p>^ Waaaaah, wish we had done the same as you!</p>

<p>Does anyone know anything about Riverside East?</p>

<p>randomparent, thanks so much for that phone call, BTW. I confess I am a little teed at Housing for not having alerted us ahead of time that RW S-NT 4th is now honors. It is much closer to DS’s classes. :(</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Add Rose808’s daughter and her two friends (all incoming frosh next fall from Hawaii) to Ridgecrest West. The three young ladies are wonderful people, yet another reason that Ridgecrest West rocks!</p>

<p>Add my D and Cuttlefish123’s D to the Ridgecrest West family as well.</p>