Low GPA High ACT... Chances??

<p>Hi all, I applied to UW Madison about a month ago and i haven't heard anything yet, so I'm feeling a bit anxious awaiting my decision. Can someone can chance me for admission so I know what to expect? I went to two different high schools because of a cross country move, and my new school does not reweight out-of-district classes... Here are my stats:</p>

<p>Out of State (Live in California)
GPA: 3.23 Unweighted; 3.46 Weighted (on transcript)
Strength of schedule: 11 honors classes, 5 AP classes taken
ACT: 31 Composite (32 E, 28 M, 33 R, 31 SCI)
ECs:
- Part of Anti-Bullying program for 5 years; President 12th grade
- Student Newspaper for 3 years; Sports Editor 12th grade
- Raise money for microloans for entrepreneurs in third world nations; VP 12th grade
- Marketing employee at a promotions company
- Baseball umpire for youth rec league
- Varsity tennis 10th grade
- Captain of travel baseball team 9th grade</p>

<p>Also wrote good essays (about anti-bullying program and the effects of my cross country move) and sent in a good letter of rec explaining my GPA situation. I know everyone is probably sick of these chance threads already, but please offer some predictions for me! Thanks guys!</p>

<p>I’m in the exact same position as you.
GPA: 3.23 UW, 3.49 W
SAT: 2150
Recruited athlete, but no other ECs listed =(</p>

<p>also from california</p>

<p>I would say slight reach because your ACT is only two or three points above the average but your GPA is well below.</p>

<p>Big consideration- your junior year gpa. If your grades have radically improved from a poor HS start you have a much better chance than if your gpa for junior year is similar to that of your first two years. You need to show you can and will do the work by getting grades that compare to your high test scores.</p>

<p>well when I moved my gpa had a large drop for many reasons ( it was only a 3.3 weighted 1st semester) for which i wrote about in my 2nd essay, but second semester the GPA improved to a 4.0 weighted and this first semester of junior year im planning on getting a 4.0 or a 4.18? It sucks though that I had to have that drop at all but hopefully the admissions counselor can see why that happened</p>

<p>i got in wiht a 3.4 (maybe even lower) unweighted gpa and a 30 ACT, so its pretty similar. i also wrote on essay explaining a tragedy that affected my gpa and had tons of ec’s and such. GOOD LUCK!!!</p>

<p>I was wait-listed last year with a 33 act and a 3.3 gpa. Instate</p>

<p>oh wow, so who knows… i guess it’s all up in the air then… on my student center page there was a link to the UW scholarship application and when I clicked it, the system had me in the letters and sciences school (i applied into business school)… i’m sure this means absolutely nothing but I was just wondering if it could hint at anything? wisconsin’s one of my top choices so i’m really anxious</p>

<p>Almost all pre-business students (except for a select few) are in the College of Letters & Science initially.</p>

<p>After you complete the prerequisites including 24 credits on campus, you can apply to the Wisconsin School of Business. Recently, about 67% of students who applied after completing the requirements were admitted.</p>

<p>Generally, you won’t be able to apply until April 1st of your freshman year and you would find out by June 30th if you’ve been admitted for the fall semester of your sophomore year.</p>