Low SAT 2s = ruined chances?

<p>I got a 610 math 2 and 630 biology</p>

<p>Will this ruin my chances at jhu, USC, Cornell and brown? </p>

<p>The rest of my application is fine.</p>

<p>Retake if possible, but otherwise it will not hurt as much as you think</p>

<p>Source: I got a below a 700 on one of my subject tests, got into my #1 school. My other parts of my application most likely compensated for that.</p>

<p>Tough schools. They’re going to look at the total package. My guess, and it is a guess, that if those subject tests are inconsistent with the rest of the application, then they can write it off as a bad day. If those numbers are consistent with your overall application, you may be on the edge.</p>

<p>So do you have a 2100+ SAT & 3.95 GPA & rank in the top 5% of your class & get 4s and 5s on your AP exams???</p>

<p>If not, you have more than one pieces of the application puzzle missing.</p>

<p>Here are some more stats: </p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1463246-african-chances-ivy.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1463246-african-chances-ivy.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I am worried about the same thing at USC…my SAT 2 was horrible and I had no idea why. And they were way lower than yours…not consistent with my grades or my SAT 1…-_-</p>

<p>If anything, they will not reject you for low SAT II scores. If you have strong SAT I scores, a good GPA, and an otherwise compelling application, you will be just fine.</p>

<p>My son and I visited USC during the winter break. We met with an admissions person from the engineering school for an hour long Q&A with ten other students and their parents.
The USC tour was the most complete and thorough I have seen thus far, including the Ivy’s.</p>

<p>The important point here is the SAT II tests are not required at USC and they do not care about them. The admissions dean said “If tests are good and make you look good send them. If not don’t worry about the SAT II tests” </p>

<p>What does a successful engineering applicant look like according to the admissions dean. A minimum of SAT at 2120 and an unweighted GPA of 3.8.</p>