Lower-Division Transfer (UCI)

<p>Well I’ve done a ton of research and I’ve asked the UCI representative whether or not they accept lower-division transfers and they do. I also asked about the likelihood and they said as long as you meet the requirements during high school, you are eligible and they will most likely have space. Can anyone confirm this?</p>

<p>I’m basically starting my UC application after being at a community college for a month and a half because I’m inclined to believe that I have a chance. I was eligible out of high school except for a D I never made up in 10th grade English so I’m taking English 101A right now. According to the UC site, I just have to make up that D. I took all the required SAT’s, SATII’s, and met every subject requirement.</p>

<p>I’m just wondering what courses should I take along with English? I’m planning on transferring into UCI’s business economics program because their business administration program is not open for transfer students until 2010. I can switch majors right? I’m taking English 101A (to make up for that D), Macroeconomics (courses toward major), Precalculus (for Calculus next semester), and Music 101 (a GE?). I plan on taking Microeconomics, Math 101A (Calculus), English 101C, and History 142? Are these the proper courses to take for a lower-division transfer? Or should I focus solely on my major’s courses and getting math/english done?</p>