Loyola Marymount Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) / Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Loyola Marymount University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

D was accepted ED at LMU tonight.

4 Likes

My son was accepted tonight - Early Decision - to SFTV! We are all very excited!

5 Likes

Congratulations to your students! How did LMU announce their decision – email, portal, etc?

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

Sent email to check portal

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything. Could it be because we did EA, not ED?

I thought that, but a member of a fb group I’m on said their student was admitted EA last week, so I don’t know how this works…

Maybe the school started to send out acceptance for ED first, then EA, and those who are rejected will be notified on the official notification date, which is in mid of December?

I clarified with the parent, who said it was definitely EA for their student. Who knows.

Congrats to those accepted! My daughter applied early action as a business major and hasn’t heard yet. Hopefully soon. Good luck to all.

1 Like

Anybody hear from the theatre department yet?

Typically EA usually hears the week of the 18th around 4:00pm-4:30pm. They usually come in waves, with acceptances being received around 4:00pm, deferrals going out a little later, and rejections last. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you. That has cleared my confusion. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I’m 99% positive EA has not heard back yet. I’m an alum and have a current junior at LMU who was accepted EA. I also follow all their socials and they make a big deal when the decisions go out so hold tight! I have a current HS senior waiting to find out as well. It should be this week since the current students are done with finals on Friday 12/16.

6 Likes

Thank you for your information. Awaiting the decisions is the most stressful moment in this college application process. My daughter is so nervous and stressed.

The EA decision is on the Portal. I can see the button “Admission” but I am too scared to click. I am going to wait for my daughter.

Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone see what I see on the Portal?

All I see is the same Applications Checklist I’ve seen for weeks. Nothing different.

3 Likes

there are “Admission” and “Financial Aid” buttons for me.

1 Like