Loyola U of Chicago/LUC Class of 2023 Rolling Admissions Thread

DD applied on 10/23 and just saw on the site that she’s in, with the Dean’s Scholarship! Very exciting!

Ugh no word for my son whose app was complete by 10/15 I think! Wonder if they are doing all the scholarships first? I thought he might get a little merit. Am I crazy? ACT 29, GPA 3.5 UW 3.8 W, unhooked…we were considering this school a match so if he doesn’t get in, we really have to reconsider the whole list!

Wonder what happens with rolling if they are unsure about an applicant…do they just hold and reconsider him later? I would imagine that the “nos” don’t get sent out until late in the game like spring?

@TS0104 oh no don’t get discouraged. D applied 8/31 and was accepted on 11/2 with the Pres Scholarship. I’m sure his admission counselor is still just reviewing. He or she could could very well still be on the road recruiting and they’re the first to read the apps. Stay positive. Sending God’s graces to your son.

@TS0104 According to our timeline of how many weeks went by it sounds like your son is right on time to hear any day now. I would not be discouraged at all because it takes over a month. When my son initially checked in with his admissions counselor he was told they would be releasing decisions around “Thanksgiving time.” Keep checking the portal because there is no email notification - it just shows up & then the packet took another few days to come in the mail.

Curious if any of the accepted are from Northern California. We are still waiting after a complete application ion 10/1

Thanks guys, for talking me off the ledge of rethinking the entire application and list strategy LOL!!!

Well our answer came today! Son was accepted with a scholarship! Amazing. So grateful!

@TS0104 YAY!!! Congrats!!! So exciting!!! :slight_smile:

We are from Southern CA, had everything submitted 9/14 and have not heard anything yet.

My son has some classmates who applied before him and haven’t heard, and one who applied after him and heard back quickly (she was a large scholarship winner). So it’s not a totally linear process! Hope everyone hears soon!

Hi! Did you receive an email of any kind when your son was accepted? Thank you!

@politicsandpunk no she did not. D had to check the portal status on the website. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Such a relieve right?

My D applied mid September. Just got her acceptance yesterday. It’s her first choice and she’s so excited. Trustee scholarship helps. Her admission advisor was saying that she didn’t start reviewing applications until the end of October.

congratulations trixie2849 can you tell us what state your from? We are still waiting from Northern California

We are from WI. I hope you get good news soon.

I just got in (I’m from Florida with a political science major);with the Loyola Scholarhsip- $20k per year!
Stats-
GPA- 3.69
ACT- 29 (30 superscored)
Activities- started political club, worked three political internships, several activist boards, NHS, Key Club for four years, lots more clubs and leadership

Congrats @politicsandpunk ! Hope everyone gets word soon!

my son submitted 9/15, completed on 10/5. Arizona, no decision. I do know Arizona got a new admissions counsellor.

My D19 got her letter day before yesterday. $22K President scholarship.