Accepted

3.65UW GPA
23rd percentile in my class
1980 SAT (660CR 710M 610W)

Got a 19k/yr scholarship

Congrats!!!

Accepted
Major-accounting
SAT 1700 (math 610, verbal 530, writing 560)
ACT-25
WGPA 4.0 (my school doesn’t do unweighted)
Loyola scholarship 19K per year totaling 76k for four years

Decision: Accepted

College: Quinlan School of Business
Major: Accounting
ACT: 25
GPA: 3.544 (weighted)

4 APs, 7 Honors. Whole bunch of ECs. Offered 18.5k a year (Dean’s Scholarship 16k & Catholic Heritage 2.5k)

Will you go to the school? I don’t want to go. Best offer so far in terms of scholarship money so it’s possible.

Where would you go? I’m looking at California. I applied for film schools at UCLA, USC, LMU, Chapman, & DePaul. DePaul is a fallback school for film I have in Chicago. Going to school for business is my second backup plan (never hurts to have backups).

Good luck to everyone!!!

Been reading this thread for the past year. First post.

Daughter got accepted with a $20K Merit Scholarship
Major in Neuroscience
Minor in Music

ACT 35
SAT 2: 790 Math II, 740 Biology, 720 Chem
4.0 Average GPA

Extra curricular:

• Honor Society
  • Big Sibling
  • After school tutor
  • Coach of Junior Vollyball team
  • First Chair Tenor Saxophone
  • Worked for two months in an orphanage in Southeast Asia
  • Worked as Student Intern at The Friedman Brain Institute at Mt. Sinai Medical Center
  • Worked as Student Intern at the Rehabilitation Insitute at the NYU Langone Medical Center

Essay was “Dont play what is there, play what is not there.” (Miles Davies, musician)

Also got accepted in U Mich and Northeastern. Still waiting for others but will take U Chicago offer.

Major: International Studies
ACT: 26 (Writing: 36)
GPA: 4.17 (weighted)
Rank 1/217

Bunch of APs and Honors classes and over 500 hours of volunteering paired with ECs. Offered the Damens Scholarship of $20k/year for four years.

Will I go to the school? It’s definitely a top candidate because of the scholarship I received, but I also want to compare it with the other universities who I will hear back from mid-March.

Best of luck to you all!

Major: Undeclared
ACT: 25
GPA (unweighted): 3.71

Got the Loyola Scholarship for $19k/year for four years.

Major: Political Science
Minor: International Studies
GPA: 4.16 (Weighted)
SAT: 1660
Got $20,000 a year Damien Scholarship

EC’s: Outstanding! (To include Wellesly College Book Award, American Legion Girls State Delegate and classically trained violinist)

High School Rigor: Private, full international baccalaureate program (will graduate with academic honors and IB diploma).

Other colleges applied to: UChicago (deferred EA), Georgetown (deferred EA) and Wellesley College (Early Evaluation “Possible”).

Still waiting:
1)American University-SIS-Global Scholars
2)George Washington-SIA-University Honors
Program
3) Amherst College
4) University of Georgia-SPIA

Anyone heading to the Loyola Weekend for accepted students (and the Scholars event at the Field Museum)?

Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.8 UW, 4.3 W
SAT: 1740; 1160 critical reading/math
Deans Scholarship $16,000 per year

Extra Circulars: Competitive Irish Dance (9,10,11) in which I competed in regionals national championship, Ballet (9,10), Community Service in Costa Rican schools (9), Volunteer work in 2nd grade classroom (10,11), student government (10), part time job (10), Nanny (12) to name some stuff

High school rigor: gifted high school freshmen year, 3 AICE classes sophomore year, homeschooled 11th/12th but all honors classes, dual enrollment senior year

Accepted to Loyola Chicago

Waiting to hear from Northeastern, Boston University, George Washington, University of Pittsburgh, and Miami University in Ohio

My daughter got into Loyola University in Chicago with both a merit and theater scholarship. Great program with lovely professors! she can do theater, dance, vocal performance, and get a core education,