LSU Admissions for Fall 2024

A LSU admissions counselor told me they work on a holistic approach to reviewing applications, so there is no admissions notification date specified. My D applied in August (OOS). I’m curious if decisions have come out for some yet?

1 Like

Looking at last year’s Early Action thread the earliest wave of decisions came in December. Some who applied in early December didn’t hear until Feb/March which had to be nerve racking. But the disparate timeframes synchs with what you were told.

1 Like

My D applied in Sept and received acceptance as well as Honors College acceptance in Oct. online and via the cool pop-up by mail. No offer of merit scholarships as of yet. Hoping to get an offer soon. In state.

3 Likes

Make sure her school submitted transcripts and LOR so the application is complete. They don’t respond till all the materials have been received.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

Congrats on the wonderful news! Hoping you can provide a little clarity on the admissions portal updates during the process. What were the different status updates you saw until acceptance? So far, the only status update in the admissions portal for my kiddo is “received”. Did your daughter go straight from “received” to “accepted” or was there a notification update in between such as “under review”??

1 Like

Thank you. At first, it was “received” green checkmarks for things she sent. Then about a month later, she got an email from admission to “check your portal for an update”. Then she went in to her portal and saw the letter of acceptance. No in-between updates. My guess is if your student has no missing info in red, that it should be under review. Best of luck!

1 Like

Were your child’s stats really strong? The applicants who heard this early last year seemed stronger than those whose decisions came later in the process.

Not sure if it’s very strong, but relatively strong. GPA 4.0 unweighted. ACT 32. Lots of extracurriculars; her letter says accepted to LSU and Honors College. But no offer of scholarship. She’s hoping for at least some merit scholarship but not sure if she’ll get one or when. It’s possible they respond faster if you’re in-state.

1 Like

Has she taken the TOPS curriculum? If so, then she should get tuition & $800/year automatically from TOPS. Of course that doesn’t cover the $4k/year in “fees” since the legislature doesn’t want tuition increasing (and thus increasing the cost of TOPS). But it’s definitely a nice portion taken off already.

1 Like

Thanks for the links! You’re right. It’d be nice if the LA legislature guaranties that TOPs will be fully funded. It hasn’t been for a few years. And full tuition is really only half, because mandatory fees (not covered by TOPS) make up the other half. Add in room and board, books, expenses, the COA is still a big chunk. So we’re still hoping for additional merit scholarships…

2 Likes

My daughter with the same stats as yours received good merit in addition to TOPS two years ago. She applied in October and was admitted shortly thereafter. But the merit came months later. They offered additional merit in April (after she had not accepted admission, so maybe to entice her to come). In our experience LSU is generous to high stats kids. My daughter’s friends with similar stats and class rigor all received similar merit offers.

3 Likes

That’s very encouraging to know. Thanks for the post!

My son is a freshman at LSU. We are from Massachusetts and we relied on this website heavily last year. I just wanted to share that he has had an amazing experience. He is in the business residential college. I can’t recommend LSU enough.

3 Likes

Thank you, CollegeMom2224! Your post definitely helps!

Accepted this morning around 6:30 AM.
Accounting major.
Applied on 10/4
4.0 UW GPA, 32 composite ACT and 33 superscore
Applied to honors college but nothing on the letter said anything about it & no offer of scholarship yet.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Thank you!

I emailed the dean of the honors college and he said that it is normal for honors college decisions to come out later than the acceptance if anyone is wondering as well.

3 Likes

Astralixr2, Congratulations… are you considering Tulane?

2 Likes

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll get some notification about honors college acceptance via the portal soon. Your student’s stats are good. If an essay was submitted, it may take them longer to read, as opposed to an AP English score sent via the College Board.

2 Likes