LSU Early Action Admissions Fall of 2023

He also apply louisiana tech , he want be engineers.

She still hasnā€™t heard back So I emailed the admission counselor. Iā€™m hoping it helps.

1 Like

When do your daughter apply ? Do you from louisiana?

I emailed the admission counselor two weeks ago, call again today, but still no get response. :cold_sweat:

October 16th everything was submitted.

Also no we are oos in Pennsylvania. Her gpa was a 3.6. (It has got me up) This is her first choice school. We visited last spring for an official tour and fell in love with it.

It must have worked she got an updat like 20 minutes ago, she got in! She is thrilled!

3 Likes

Heā€™s in! My son got his acceptance today. OOS (NY), major is Sports Administration/Sports Commerce. Also been accepted to Delaware and Indiana, deferred at South Carolina. Still waiting to hear from UMass, Rutgers and Tennessee. The 3 southern schools - SC, LA and TN - are his top choices by far, so he was beyond thrilled to get that email this morning. Weā€™ve scheduled a tour for 3/18.

2 Likes

Where do you see the major he was accepted to? I canā€™t find it on my sonā€™s portal. Only the acceptance letter (which I love) and a link to submit enrollment deposit or decline admission. My son was deferred from TN EA - that was his top choice so weā€™ll see what happens in Feb. We are visiting LSU and Ole Miss 2/3.

It was not in my portal either, but it auto-filled when I went to register for one of the Tiger days. Both majors he listed in his app were Sports Management - the one with the commerce concentration first, the leadership and management one second.

We also applied RD to TN, decision coming on 2/15. He got deferred from his top too - South Carolina - supposed to hear from them in March but I think its best to assume its a no. Applied to a few Northeast schools too, but they have proven to be difficult to deal with so theyā€™re likely off the list. The way UMass is handling EA decisions is utterly disgraceful. No transparency.

My OOS son applied in early November and still no decision. He emailed the admissions counselor this past week to let him know his first semester grades were just sent. The counselor acknowledged his email but still no decision.

1 Like

My daughter applied in late October & just got her acceptance last week. I donā€™t know why they are so slow. Hang in there!

3 Likes

I applied mid/early December and havenā€™t heard anything. Does anyone know any time frame?

My son applied on October,but still no hear anything

We are in the same boat but my son applied the beginning of November. I have no idea why it is taking so long. And with rolling admission there is no date to wait for. If there was some kind of timeframe posted I think it would be easier to be patient. At this point it has been a quarter of a year. Hurry up and wait.

1 Like

What state are you from?

We are from Pennsylvanie

1 Like

We attended Eye of the Tiger yesterday for admitted students. They said they are on track to receive over 40k applications, the most they have ever received and itā€™s been the most competitive class in their history. Perhaps this is why itā€™s taking longer for some to receive a decision. I know itā€™s hard, especially this time of the year, but it sounds like they are working through as quickly as they can. Once my DS was admitted, we received a ton of communication.

2 Likes

The only Eye of the Tiger Iā€™d be able to attend would be Feb 24 - This date doesnā€™t correspond with my major. Is it still useful to attend? I have yet to have a campus visit and Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™d be better off on a regular daily campus tour instead on another day?

1 Like

The morning sessions were major specific - mock lecture, meeting professors and counselors, senior college tour. Based on our experience, I would plan a day to do tours and schedule meetings with your college rather than attend a Tiger session that doesnā€™t include your major. However, the day was pretty impressive and would recommend attending one if at all possible.

2 Likes