LSU Early Action Admissions Fall of 2023

Have you gotten anything yet? I’m praying!

No word yet. I’m losing hope.

I just called admissions and now they are saying mid April for final financial aid notifications. I’m really tired of being in limbo, but as someone who worked as an adjunct college professor for two decades I suspect they are waiting for some of the really competitive students to reject their offers so that they can offer that aid to other admitted students.

No decision yet. Long wait.

me too. Did you get anything in the portal? I have Transformation Merit NonResident and loan amounts, but we really don’t want to take out 30K in loans! Was hoping for just a little bit more.

Wow. Mid-April? Discouraging, but makes sense about waiting for competitive students to reject.

We received the financial aid notification in the portal (all loans) but no scholarships so far.

Anyone still have no final admissions decision from LSU? My son applied in mid-November. He’s heard from all of his other schools but would have liked to consider LSU in his final set. I think at this point it’s simply disrespectful.

1 Like

I emailed and my daughter got a decision the next day, as someone else had happen in this thread. Now she getting a lot of LSU emails regarding visiting and depositing.

I emailed about scholarships and financial aid, but no news so far.

2 Likes

We went to an accepted students presentation yesterday. They said cost of attendance letters will be coming out after April 15, during that week.

3 Likes

We applied then too for transfer and not a word. This is as bad as A&M

My D received a scholarship and admission to Ogden a couple of days ago. I don’t think we have time to visit….She’s wondering what to do since she hasn’t found a school yet that she’s completely set on.

Can anyone here share any info about LSU that might convince us one way or another? I attended a college I had never seen before accepting the admission offer, but it’s hard to think of sending my D off to school that way. :grimacing:

What is your D looking for in a school? What is her intended major?
We are fairly local and my D’s closest HS friends are at LSU (current freshmen), we attended Kick Off LSU last year, which was well done and we left it feeling positive about the school. My D ended up not choosing LSU though.
At LSU she will get: a ton of school spirit, kids are proud of their school and the whole city lives and breathes Tiger football (and other sports to a lesser extent as well). A beautiful campus. If she is planning to major in engineering, the engineering building is new and amazing. The same goes for the business school. Ogden has their own dorm, which is also fairly new. We toured that dorm last year and it was a nice but normal college dorm. large Alumni networks in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta. Like on most SEC campuses greek life is prominent but the school is so big that I’m sure it’s easy to find a friend group outside that as well
And then there is the famous lazy river in the rec center of course :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your comments.

How is the surrounding area in terms of safety?

Do you happen to know if housing available in the honors college for four years?

She applied to a lot of smaller schools. I was nervous that she wouldn’t get personal attention in a bigger school so I encouraged apps to smaller schools, but she has started thinking she might feel she was getting too much attention at a small college. An LSU rep came to visit her high school and she liked the presentation. She is interested in environmental science and was intrigued by the school of coastal sciences but ended up applying to a major which is technically in the school of agriculture. LSU is the largest school she applied to.

I would say safety in the immediate surrounding area is good. One side is bordered by expensive neighborhoods. The other side has bars, restaurants and shops you can walk to. But right after the stretch with the shops is an area that is not the best. Baton Rouge is a vey segregated city. Overall the crime rate is high, but most of that crime is limited to certain areas, most of those are far from campus (except for the one mentioned above)

Overall LSU guarantees housing only for the first year, but I believe Honors is four years if you want (please verify with the school, I’m not 100% on that).
I have several friends who work in advising at LSU and if I recall correctly, changing majors is not a big problem (in case she changes her mind). Coastal restoration is a huge issue in the state, so there should be many opportunities for field work. There is also the new Water Campus that focuses on water/environmental issues.

3 Likes

We visited a few weeks ago for the first time. The campus and those huge oak trees is beautiful. There were definitely some areas not that far off campus that did not seem very safe, not sure if there have been problems with the students at all. But you could probably say that about most larger universities. On the flip side there were some very nice non student looking neighborhoods around the lake area.

1 Like

Acceptance came on July 1st but he had already long-decided to go elsewhere! Oh well….

1 Like