LSU Game Roll Call

<p>We wish your son well. We wish your team defeat.</p>

<p>Bama - Lsu goes prime tome on CBS</p>

<p>In schedule rejiggering involving at least four channels, CBS will move its Nov. 5 showdown of top-ranked LSU vs. second-ranked Alabama into prime time — another step toward turning Saturday night, TV’s least-watched night, into college football’s TV showcase.</p>

<p>The game will be broadcast on a big screen in the new Champions Square outside the Superdome. New Orleans trying to lure an extra day of tourist money on a Saints home weekend. Going to be an awesome weekend for football in the Big Easy!</p>

<p>D got her dad a student guest ticket, so he’s headed to T-Town! We don’t know where he’ll stay or when he’s getting there, since he’ll have to fly stand-by, but the plans are in the works. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>No worries, Rose. We’ve got room for another kama’aina.</p>

<p>How does one get a student guest ticket, from another student?</p>

<p>S had a friend come down for the Vandy game, bought a ticket on eBay which was in the student section somewhere, but then had to do an upgrade on his act account, which I think cost almost as much as the ticket. Very confusing.</p>

<p>Argh! I REALLY want to go to this game. Don’t even care if I can’t see the field! Just the atmosphere would be worth it, but the prices are RIDICULOUS! Does anyone think the prices will go down maybe a day or two before the game??? Probably just go up with all the hype…NJBAMA, MABAMA what do you guys think??</p>

<p>I have purchased scalped tickets to many major sporting events including the Super Bowl and World Series. Without exception, the price comes down the closer you get to game time. No scalper wants to hold a ticket which is basically worthless once the game starts. It is, however, a game of chicken. If you are not feint of heart, your best bet is to buy outside the stadium close to game time. Within an hour of kick off, the prices really come down. However, you must have a stong stomache to play this game. I have witnessed people attending Super Bowls for $100 at game time, when the price was $2500+ two days before. If you do play this game, have an alternative plan/place to watch the game if you can’t get your price.</p>

<p>MABAMA, my husband is pretty good at the game! LOL We also bought a house that my son and 3 of his friends rent on Parkview 1/2 mile from the stadium. We would definitely have a place to return to if we don’t get tix! I’m GAME!!!</p>

<p>Mahalo, malanai! Y’all are going to have so much fun!!!</p>

<p>Indict, the upgrade fee for the student guest ticket is the price to the public, minus the $5 already paid for the ticket, so it ranges from about $50 to $80, plus whatever you pay the person for their ticket. Here’s a previous thread about it, plus some other good links:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/958650-football-tickets-guests.html?highlight=ticket+upgrade[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/958650-football-tickets-guests.html?highlight=ticket+upgrade&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>*S had a friend come down for the Vandy game, bought a ticket on eBay which was in the student section somewhere, but then had to do an upgrade on his act account, which I think cost almost as much as the ticket. Very confusing. *</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>Are you saying that your son didn’t have a Vandy ticket in his frosh packet,and couldn’t get a donated ticket, so he had to guy a paper ticket? </p>

<p>Or, did your son’s friend buy a student ticket and then have to pay a conversion fee on top of that to have it become a paper ticket?</p>

<p>bamafana: Game On! Good Luck.</p>

<p>check out link on youtube:
I Bleed Crimson Red: This Bama vs. LSU hype video wins the internet
[I&lt;/a&gt; Bleed Crimson Red](<a href=“http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com%5DI”>http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com)</p>

<p>I am SO JEALOUS of anyone that is going to be in the stands for THE GAME!!!</p>

<p>From KPLCtv CH7:
Just a lil’ FYI—</p>

<p>The November 5th game against LSU and Alabama is expected to be the largest crowd ever in Tuscaloosa.
Bryant-Denny stadium can seat up to 101,000 fans, but the University of Alabama is expecting more than 140,000 fans on game day.</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>*but the University of Alabama is expecting more than 140,000 fans on game day.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>True…the school is preparing for the fact that many fans won’t have tix, but will be there to tailgate and celebrate (hopefully) a victory.</p>

<p>Since LSU is only 6 hours away…there will be a number of LSU fans without tix as well.</p>

<p>I’ve told DS that he’s sooo lucky to have tickets to this game. We’ll just be watching on the big screen…</p>

<p>Cheer extra for the rest of us, those of you that make it in.</p>

<p>I’ll be there. Flying in to BHM on Fri morning and heading right to the quad to set up my tailgate tent.</p>

<p>I’m throwing a tailgate with my friends on Tider Insider. But anyone here who wishes to come is welcome as well. I know MABama and Malanai are planning on being there. Gumbo, beer, soda, snacks and even moonshine :slight_smile: will be provided. All you have to do is show up. </p>

<p>Send me a pm if interested and I’ll arrange contact info to let you know fri where the exact location of the tent will be for saturday afternoon.</p>

<p>Roll Tide, NJ. Can’t wait.</p>

<p>NJ is the best. Can’t wait to see you all there! This will be a party and game for the ages.</p>