M&TSI 2021

Congrats everyone. Got in last year so feel free to ask any questions

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for this program?

1 Like

hey if you got accepted, we’re making a discord server to communicate, dm me on ig @tevin.wang if you want the link

1 Like

@trig592700 what was the online format like? and what was the balance between lectures and hands-on work

if hands on means offline - yeah there was quite the load of work outside of lectures. they sent us stuff to work with through the mail and that was a lot of what we worked with

how much time did you have to spend “outside the classroom”?

Got in as well. I’m wondering about the admissions rate and the number of people accepted this year. I have a feeling they accepted more people.

Anyone want to start a group or something?

dm me on ig @tevin.wang for a discord link

I was honestly amazed by the speed with which some people did their work. Especially when it gets toward the end, with the video and everything due soon you can easily spend many hours each night doing work

What did your “homework” typically consist of?

keep in mind, it’s a college course that you get credit for. so it’s just a lot of assignments that you would expect from a business course if you’ve taken econ for example. the same goes with the tech side. but after the first week or so, a bulk of your work is with your team on your end project/product. you have to make a video, prototype-ish, plan, etc

Do you know if some people actually build their products or like a startup after the program? I went to LaunchX last year and I know some groups actually continued.

Got in From India!

Dude Did they like send you engineering materials kits or something? Like how did you work hands on on tech projects?

yes

yeah many do. way moreso than launch

Are there tests, quizzes, etc?

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for this program?

yes.

what was it