M10 Freakout Thread 2016

@CLNMOM, exactly! Why isn’t there any package coming? Why? How can they do this to me? So who else are getting the notification from which schools?

“It appears you have no packages being shipped to the address you provided during registration”
bummer - that’s what each site says when I check -
but enough people have said they didn’t receive anything last year/ or they received it after M10 - so I’m going with that

None for my address either – Fedex, UPS, and USPS…

We’ve eaten of the forbidden fruit >:)
I briefly considered turning off the FedEx notification function but what’s been seen cannot be unseen, what’s been done cannot be undone LOL! And I must confess that I sinned before @GoatMama posted her FedEx news. I signed up way back in February when I first came across the knowledge on another post. :">

@SculptorDad , @Rathgar , @CLNMOM no packages from anyone here either. i am hoping that the variety of schools we have all applied to, with probably some overlap, do an email first. mail later? otherwise we are (collectively) a statistical nightmare

I rarely venture into this subforum, but mention of it in the other sections the BS area drew me in.

The posts I see on this page are EXACTLY the reason I have recommended against the “FEDEX-notification” gambit.

I sinned a few weeks back and signed up. I flinch every time my phone beeps that a text has arrived. At least I know my credit card payment just posted:)

I’m sure we all applied at different schools so they can’t all be sending packages- there is no way the three of us are getting across the board rejections! I am going to stay positive - although 12 hours from now when I’m tired and there are only 10 minutes left until midnight, I am sure I will become an emotional babbling idiot!

I’m too old to pull an all-nighter and DD has an important meet the next day so hopefully she’ll be sleeping tonight. I will take her to school a bit lat so she can see the decisions that roll in about 8 am.

I’m definitely far too research"y" as I just looked at the schedule of when you need to get a package to Fedex to get delivery the next day. Seems they have service that is guaranteed in the morning and one in the afternoon, both at the latest in the evening for rural areas.

@Rathgar I think I’m already there… emotional babbling idiot. I will say however that DH told me that under no circumstances was I to tell DC about the FedEx thing especially if we get no notice of a package (sorry about that double negative). I think that’s a wise call for my family. Poor DH, just shakes his head…

Interestingly when I checked USPS last night I had no packages. When I checked this morning I suddenly had previous packages that have been delivered.

I wonder how many AO monitor this site and laugh like I do when my kids are going crazy on Christmas eve.

my phone just rang and it was an unknown number - I nearly jumped out of my skin - I am imagining it is an AO calling to let me down easy (imagination racing away)

I’m stalking the Andover Admissions Instagram and they just posted a picture about an hour ago of the Dean of Admissions signing the acceptance letters “today” so my guess is they go out in the 3 pm Fedex pick up. Old fashioned physical letters.

The forbidden fruit has already been tasted.

Does anyone know when or how suffield will report the admission decision?

From their website; not terribly helpful.

Of our list of schools Suffield is the only one we’ve not heard from on their process.

At the risk of fueling the fire -

FedEx Express National Service Disruption

Last updated: March 9, 2016
FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to thunderstorms and strong winds. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of March 9, 2016.

Why God, why???

^^ I saw that too @CLNMOM!

If you guys need to pass time, try this waiting game, it’s ridiculous:

http://candies.aniwey.net/

If you think nothing’s happening, wait until you have 150 candies.