M10 Freakout Thread 2016

@AppleNotFar Nothing like that, once you get 30 posts you’re promoted to junior member. I think it’s 300 posts to be a member, then more and more.

I can barely reply urgent emails only.

By the way - if anyone does get a package notification could they post it here? I called my local post office and FedEx to no avail :frowning:

@mass2020mom I actually called the Tabor AO today. The assistant was so nice. There will be no email of any kind. All decisions have been mailed out. The AD prefers the personal touch, but they may consider next year sending an email announcement that they will not be participating in email decisions. She has fielded alot of calls today regarding decisions. She told me she knew our decision but could not tell me. Yikes!!

Don’t forget to celebrate tonight. Dance.Eat. High fives. Be present, enjoy your life.

@VACAlover Tabor had a picture of their acceptance mailing yesterday morning on facebook. Looked like USPS Priority Mail.

I wonder of the school are no longer using traceable means to send their packages. All to drive us crazy!!

@AppleNotFar, congratulations on your promotion. I was psyched when I got promoted too - felt less like an interloper. Small successes matter too :smiley:

Wow, how crazy am I to be on CC while on the treadmill - getting funny looks :open_mouth:

Just found the emoticons!

well I am home now - will be off and on tonight with homework - from 10 pm on I will be here to hang with anyone else who is waiting for a possible midnight notification

Does anyone have a guess of when Taft will post their decisions?

Trying to get my mind off of BS. Any CC’ers that have seen/listen to Hamilton?

@zeebee619 OH MY GOD HAMILTON

I’ve wanted to see it so badly, but the tickets are so expensive and I don’t want to be illegal and watch it for free online. (Well, I want to, but I’m restraining myself because it’s bad.) My sister said she’d try to get my tickets if I got into my dream school, haha. Of course, all the kiddies on tumblr won’t shut up about it and have spoiled a few things.

@junemaybees have you listened to the soundtrack? I’m obsessed with it!
I haven’t seen it yet but luckily I live in NYC so my mom and I are gonna check Stubhub for the next month to see if we can score cheap last minute tix (sometimes they go down to like 200 for orchestra seats if you buy the hour before!). If not we’ll probably buy tickets for June.

Where are you applying?

anyone know when Peddie notifies?

I just heard a rumor that Peddie will notify via My Backpack at midnight.
Any word on PDS timing?

Has anyone received FedEx notification, yet?

This Radio Silence from Fedex, UPS, USPS is deafening. Where are all of my fellow sinners - how are you handling the lack of notifications? :((

@zeebee619 I’m applying to Hotchkiss, Andover, Exeter, Choate, Emma Willard, Ethel Walker, The Governor’s Academy and Williston Northampton School! My top choice is Exeter, although my siblings are all Hotchkiss alums. Crossing my fingers! X_X

@CLNMOM Absolute silence…

@junemaybees dont want to jinx anything but maybe(es) we’ll see eachother at revisit day!
I’m applying to Choate, Hotchkiss, Groton, Deerfield, Lawrenceville and Taft

@zeebee619 Hey!! I’m a current Taft freshmen and last year they sent their decisions at midnight. (And I’ve listened to like, 2 songs off of the Hamilton soundtrack)