M10 Freakout Thread 2016

Congrats~~!!! What other schools did you apply to?

same here - WL at Exeter :frowning:

@maddiea22 Unfortunately, WLed applicants cannot attend revisit days. Don’t lose hope! There have been many success stories of WLed applicants!

That’s awesome~~!!! Hoping to see you there!

@maddiea22: Generally speaking, waitlisted candidates do not attend revisit days.

@usastudent101: “Heartbroken, thought I did everything right.”

• You probably did. But this shows both how selective these schools are and, in some ways, what a crapshoot it is. In a quick scan of results posted so far, I’ve seen candidates who got into one super selective but not another. Same applicant, same stats.

@rulerMA: “All these people got into Exeter so now I kinda feel bad.”

• Going back to my earlier point on this thread…some people aren’t going to get good news today, so folks who do get good news should try to be considerate in their announcements.

Really? @minimalist I’ve always heard the opposite…pm me

What a difference a year makes. Applied last year and waitlist at middlesex Deerfield st marks and Groton. This year my daughter is 8 of 9, we cast a wider net, but accepted to middlesex st marks loomis and Taft.
For those out there who did not receive the news that they were hoping for, keep your head up. We took two tries and the second time was truly the charm.

Please be sensitive to those that aren’t having a great day. I was very tough on us last year watching others celebrate while we were disappointed.
Now I can breathe and start to figure out where to now.

@Anonymousia currently in 9th, applied as a repeat

Good Morning and Congrats/Condolences to all Student and Parents here today. Been lurking here for months now. DS got into Hotchkiss and we feel so blessed. DS is not a legacy or Development Admit, so this mom confesses it was a long exhale this morning. We simply didn’t know what to expect. Cheers all!

@daddymac1772 – in your second attempt, did you apply as a 9th grader or a 10th grader?

@maddiea22 Just sent a message!

Has anyone heard from Emma yet?

same here~~ dunno how emma notify the applicants D:

@daddymac1772 Congrats to your daughter on getting into such awesome schools! Not too be too proud, but Loomis is an AWESOME place and I can’t recommend it enough for your daughter. She would love it here. :slight_smile:

@99721SS congrats. which Webb? CA or TN?

So there are no Andover fedex packages this year? I believe there are Middlesex fedex packages.

@GEMTANG I got waitlisted for FA at Emma :frowning:
@Others: They said I am on their ‘selective waitlist’, but I am an international student applying as a repeat junior and needing over $40,000 in aid. Is there any chance for me?

@Shazam777 Andover will send FedEx packages. Where did you hear otherwise?

Is anyone else waitlisted for Deerfield Academy?

@gradof19 , I have. There are others on this thread that have been, as well.