M10 Freakout Thread 2017

Thank you @ThacherParent ! You are a wonderful support :slight_smile: Whatever happens, Iā€™m ready.
And Iā€™ve never tried Bonnie Luā€™s! Iā€™ll take my parents there.

@ivyprincess1 Thatā€™s exactly how I feel, Iā€™m not nervous about the results, Iā€™m just really excited to finally know. By the way, what you wrote reminded me of ā€˜passing timeā€™ by Heffron drive, itā€™s a good song I highly recommend it.

:slight_smile:

Lets talk about pets to distract ourselves :wink:

How many pets do you have? Names if you want to include them :smiley:
I have 3 pets; a yorkie named Toffee, a tortoise named Tiddles, and a fish named Goldie II (I know real originalā€¦ my 4 year sister named him and his predecessor)

Haha mines obviousā€¦
ADORABLE NAMES @Atria

I wonder what you mean by obvious? cough Magic cough :wink: @magicthecat

FOR ANYONE APPLYING TO PEDDIE: I heard from numerous past applicants that they found out decisions mid Thursday instead of midnight Friday. Take that how you want but just wanted to let you know :wink:

Any news from hill?

Maybe Ojai day applicants received them early, but my daughter received her Thacher letter on M10. (We live fairly close, though.) The letter arrived before the email. Hoping it all works out for you, @magicthecat. And if it doesnā€™t, please know that it is a bit of a ā€œperfect stormā€ for applicants this year. Largest number of applicants ever and a bumper crop of legacies. We know strong legacy applicants who were waitlisted. (Legacies typically receive bad results earlier.) I wish the next few days could go faster for you. Best of luck!

Yepā€¦ Iā€™m not counting on getting in. :frowning:
@Kthor626

YIKES @katrina571 tbh Iā€™ve pretty much given up on getting in

@ivyprincess1 - Via email from Peddie? There is no portal, correct?

Katrina571, I saw that too. Do you think it was because they just had a lot more applicants?

update: admission packages are being stuffed at Andover right now?! M10 has never seemed simultaneously so close and so farā€¦

@Toosaucy That sounds like the reasonā€¦
What @panpacific said on another thread:

@sunnyschool Yes, I am pretty sure we find out by email. The official time is midnight, but like I said, we might get them early like last year. Good luck!

And wow, I thought all legacies are always accepted! @Kthor626

@Atria I have an obese Pug named Ollieā€¦ he is the best thing on Earth. Also a French Bulldog named Gigi.

An Andover AO posted on Instagram today that they were able to accept 13% of the applicant pool this year, the lowest admission rate in Academy history :frowning:

Iā€™ve been freaking out on this statistic for the whole day now!! Ahh!!

@panpacific was correct !! Amazing math skills.

I need to stop following that accountā€¦ I check it obsessively