Macalester College Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

Applying to Macalester College in 2022? Here’s the thread for you to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the info below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Macalester College 2021 Admissions Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 66%
Mean SAT Score 1356
Admissions Test Policy Submitting test scores is optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 59%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 57%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add relevant info, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. Click Edit in the lower right corner to add info or make changes.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Macalester College, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

Any Macalester applicants out there? Regular decision letters are available in the portal now! Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you Macalester!

2 Likes

This thread is so quite. Is it because everyone is waiting for the results from their top choices?

1 Like

I think Macalester is our top choice right now. Happy that our DS22 got accepted with merit money.

6 Likes

My S22 was accepted with a merit scholarship and is very happy. It’s one of his top choices. He toured recently and is planning on going to one of their admitted student days.

5 Likes

Congratulations! My son was also accepted with a merit scholarship, which makes it even more tempting. It’s one of his top choices, too. He hasn’t gotten a chance to tour, so I think we will be visiting soon. I’ll have to take a look at the admitted student days schedule–thanks for reminding me to do that!

4 Likes

My son was waitlisted. Mac is his top choice, so we are really hoping space opens and he gets in. Congrats to all those admitted!

5 Likes

We tour Mac on Wednesday! D22 was accepted in the EA round. 22k merit. We haven’t been able to visit and are looking forward to our whirlwind Midwest tour this week.

5 Likes

Macalester is still on the top of my son’s list. My husband and son went up a few months ago to visit and both really liked it. I would like to figure out if we can go again before 5/1. He got in EA with the 22K merit.

1 Like

Did you receive this in your email?

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Mac gives more merit aid to people that apply EA? I’m thinking of applying next year and haven’t seen many regular decision applicants admitted with the 22k merit aid (I think that’s their highest number).

Just run FAFSA. If they don’t give much merit, they will give you more grant to match your FAFSA figure. This is what I think…

3 Likes

This

Just as another data point…our S22 applied RD and was admitted with 23k merit aid.

3 Likes

Also, would admitted students mind sharing some of their stats? I completely understand if not lol

1 Like

Sure:
UW 4.0, SAT 1580, 8AP

2 Likes

My son was a recruited athlete, so it may not be much a help for you. Macalester has already soft promised him that they will accept him if he applied ED. So we already knew in August that he will be accepted. If you play sports I highly recommend that you initiate the communication with the coaches. We started this process about April. My son is not a top level athlete, but good enough for Division 3.
His unweighted GPA we submitted at that time was something like 3.85. I won’t show his weighted GPA because his high school calculates differently. His school doesn’t give 4.5 for honor classes or 5.0 for AP classes for the third trimester. He only took ACT once, and he submitted even though it was not necessary per coach. He got 33.

Sent from my iPhone

2 Likes

I’ve seen 26K in EA and heard of 27K in EA.

1 Like