Made a pretty serious mistake on UC application: UC support is of no help

Basically, I started fiddling with the fee waiver option at the end of the application to figure out how poor someone would need to be to qualify for a fee waiver. I wasn’t aware that the calculator would permanently change my reported annual income until after I submitted. The now listed annual income is $10,000 instead of my actual $150,000

I have contacted UC’s but they are useless, and the first response they sent me was to update my information using the individual college portal, but that is impossible since the portals are inaccessible for applicants at this time. Am I done for?

The income listed on the UC application is used to determine if you are eligible for fee waivers. Did your application fees get waived? If not, then once your student portals are accessible notify each school of the mistake through their student portal.

Financial aid will be based on what you report on your FASFA and not off your application.

You can also send an email UC admissions: ucinfo@applyucsupport.net.

I was given an option to waive, but I paid full price. Is Income used to determine entrance

UC’s are need-blind in admissions meaning your ability to pay is not considered.