Made UFE / semi-finalist? Tell us about yourself!

<p>Congratulations to the UFE semi-finalists! We wish you all the best of luck at the interview weekend.</p>

<p>We are curious to know what kind of student is accepted for UFE. Supposedly the grades and test scores for anyone who already made Honors College were NOT considered…only activities, leadership, civic involvement, honors/awards, and EC’s. We’re just curious about the criteria that UA was looking for. Tell us about yourself!</p>

<p>I think what got me to semifinalist status is that I’ve done a lot of volunteering as a translator with the Hispanics in my community. I tried to demonstrate the passion I had for Spanish and how I intend to use it as a physician in the future. I also have leadership positions in multiple academic and language clubs, am captain of my high school’s tennis team, and participate in a variety of other volunteer activities. As far as academics, I’m a NMSF (most likely NMF) and have a 4.0 GPA (I don’t think the academics played a huge part in the decision though - it seems like all the applicants are pretty similar in that respect). To me it pretty much seems like a crapshoot - at some point the decision probably just depends on whose extracurriculars the committee likes more since there are so many qualified applicants. I just feel really lucky to have been chosen. And I can’t wait for them to notify all the semifinalists if they got finalist status - I’ve been checking my email so often today!</p>

<p>spinz - I think the finalist notifications come via snail mail so make sure you are checking it too!</p>

<p>Okay thanks momofonly1 - it does seem odd that they don’t send out an email notification like they did for the semifinalists</p>

<p>Good luk, Spinz! :-)</p>