Madison Restaurants

<p>I am looking for a recommendation for my daughter who is in Madison this weekend for a club sports tournament. Can anyone point her to a good dining experience in the downtown area where the kids can spend 10-15 dollars per person? Obviously not gourmet at that price, but someplace worth going to?</p>

<p>If she is interested in Italian, I would highly recommend Mia Za’s on State Street. Has awesome pasta, pizza, and soups for good prices. Usually around 9$ for a meal I’d say. Another recommendation is State Street Brats. Now it is a sports bar, but it has a great “Wisconsin flavor” to it and some good food. Might not be the type of restaurant you were asking for, but something to check out.</p>

<p>Pizza Bruta on Monroe st. is pretty good, do you know what side of town she will be staying at?</p>

<h1>1 pick would be Old Fashioned for “Wisconsin” at its best–up on Capitol Square.</h1>

<p>Would not recommend Mia Za’s–it’s food is decent, but not a great experience–you’d eat there plenty because it’s extremely inexpensive and has a cafeteria/cafe feel.</p>

<p>So many amazing places… I can’t even think at the moment without you narrowing down what type of cuisine.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s true, experience isn’t spectacular or anything, but the food is tasty. Must have been hungry when I posted :slight_smile: I don’t get that fancy on my budget anyhow haha</p>

<p>Thanks, all. The team ended up grabbing something boring near their motel. They were all exhausted after the long drive and day of games. I guess they’ll get the experience next time.</p>