Madison- Too liberal?

<p>I'm a fairly conservative student from N Wisconsin.</p>

<p>I've been to Madison plenty of times for sports games and other stuff.</p>

<p>But I sure hear about how liberal of a town Madison is. How much so? College campuses usually are on a whole leaning liberal but is Madison much more?</p>

<p>I'm pro life/catholic and fairly conservative with my political views and would plan on joining college republicans on campus? Is Madison so liberal that I'd be almost be looked down on/think im crazy?</p>

<p>I like to party and stuff too but I dont take it overboard.</p>

<p>Don't want to turn this into a big heated political debate.</p>

<p>I think you'll love it and find tons of opportunities to interact with like minded people. You'll also have some belief's challenged. If you are interested in ideas (and it sounds like it) you'll have a blast.</p>

<p>I hear Madison is extremely liberal, but I figure since people are going there from all over the country there must be plenty of conservatives in the school. You and I are conservative, so that's 2 already! :P</p>

<p>BTW, there's a Republican club and a conservative school newspaper.</p>

<p>I'm from St. Paul and I'll be going there next year too and I'm a big Republican as well. </p>

<p>The schools not neccesarily liberal as much as it is politically active and although there are more liberals, there are plenty of staunch conseveratives/libitarians to get good debates going. It's a great school.</p>

<p>I'm a UW student now and have had very good experiences with the political atmosphere here. Yes, UW is extremely liberal but the city of Madison is also the most liberal city in WI. Yes, you will encounter protests and people standing on their "soap boxes" on Library Mall and State Street and yes, you may be offended on occasion. However, I have never felt pressured or vicitmized by any of the demonstrators. UW is one of the most intellectually and politically active campuses in the nation but if you walk on campus with an open mind, you won't have any issues :) Also, if you're interested, there are College Republicans (and College Democrats) chapters on campus if you're looking to join an organization in the fall.</p>