Mail from UCSD

<p>Dear Freshman Applicant,</p>

<p>Thank you for applying to UC San Diego! We are now in the process of evaluating all the applications, and will be sending you an email before the end of January which will have your UCSD User ID number in it - you’ll need that to access myapplication.ucsd.edu, where you can track your application status. </p>

<p><website></website></p>

<p>Right now, we’re interested in how students choose their UCSD undergraduate college by ranking them on the application. . . and ask that you reply to a few questions. This will take less than five minutes. Just follow the link, which will be active for one week: To access the survey please click here. If the survey does not open automatically, please copy and paste the following link to your internet browser’s address bar: </p>

<p>Thanks very much for your help with this survey – and be sure to look for the information we’ll be sending you the week of January 20-23. Good luck with the application process.</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>UC San Diego Undergraduate Admissions </p>

<p>so did anyone receive this mail that was suppose to be sent yesterday ?
i didn’t get one, so should i be worried?
thanks</p>

<p>wow... um UC's will send out a lot of letters that are considered "hints-you-got-in" but I don't actually believe this and it doesn't have much of a correlation. There was this letter last year from berkeley about a seminar that people got all excited about.</p>

<p>I received the same email. I assumed everyone who applied got it as well, but I'm not 100% sure.</p>

<p>jesus christ. Those are just general auto emails.</p>

<p>I didn't get it either. I haven't gotten any letter from UCSD yet. Nothing. Not even a survey.</p>

<p>Fantasticpsycho care to share your stats?</p>

<p>... dont convince yourselves that the random emails increase your chances... that rumor was SO last year</p>

<p>Aw, jeez. </p>

<p>3.34 GPA. I screwed up my first year, but there's a serious upward grade trend afterward. Got a 3.9 last fall semester.
HITE, Alpha Beta Gamma
Finished IGETC.
Personal statements--at least one of them--were memorable, if not my strong suit.
Major: English.
During this upward grade trend I helped run a website that's a middle man between artists and their buyers, and I also held down a tutoring and waitress job simultaneously.</p>

<p>I wouldn't be so embarrassed if it wasn't for the GPA. What do you think, arigarnica?</p>

<p>Fantasicpsycho
r u transfer?</p>

<p>Yeah, Amby, I am. Are you?</p>

<p>Nope I am a freshmen applicant. Now I am starting to regret applying to Ucla,ucb and ucsd because I prolly won't make them cuz of budget cuts. =(</p>

<p>Aw, you don't know that. Keep your head up. Have you heard anything from UCSD yet?</p>

<p>O if ur a transfer that prob explains why u didnt get it.. U have a good shot ur above average transfer gpa.. and especially considering ur ECs i would be positive ur in.
imma freshman applicant btw</p>

<p>Good luck, arigarnica. What are your stats?</p>

<p>Fantasticpsycho, personally I would say that you should go for UC berk and UCLA also because 3.34 CC gpa is pretty nice + you have the upward grade trend so that's an added bonus. =)
Good luck Fantasticpsycho ! and also to arigarnica</p>

<p>Nothing from UCSD yet except that original one with the survey. Of 8 UC's and privates applied to only UCSD has not sent info on how to set up an account, create a password and check my applications status.</p>

<p>Wait nan,
Did ucla send you information about creating an account? The only info ucla sent me up to now is the "we got ur app" email.</p>

<p>Ha, good guess that I do have app into ucla. And you are right, early on they sent a generic web site but no personal account. And no promise that such a thing is part of their routine.</p>

<p>"and be sure to look for the information we'll be sending you the week of January 20-23. Good luck with the application process."</p>

<p>Did anyone receive that email? It was supposed to have our ID number for MyApplication or whatever on UCSD site.</p>