Major change

<p>I was wondering if anyone (upperclassmen) from TAMU would happen to have any idea on how hard it is to switch majors into mechanical engineeirng (within the engineering college)? </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Eagles, the girl that gave us a tour of the mechanical labs had switched over at the beginning of her junior year.</p>

<p>I just switched this spring so I’ll be in mech engr in the fall. But it was pretty competitive from what the counselor told me. I had a 3.60 inside the college of engr. but I had a friend who got denied with a 3.32. Like 120 students from inside the college of engr applied and they only took 40. That’s what my counselor told me</p>

<p>That has been my understanding as well…competitive.</p>

<p>Eagles, when you go to New Student Conference, the Dean of Engineering will give a presentation about Engineering, requirements, advice, etc. At that time, they traditionally give out handouts about the program, and one page that my son received a couple of years back showed the criteria to be met for transferring into another type of engineering (required gpa varies slightly per type of engineering). I think you can also find the required gpa per type of engineering listed on the engineering website also, though as others have pointed out here, some majors are going to accept fewer transfers than others and varying number each year.</p>