Major Mistake on UC App

<p>Is there any way to change the number of hours one put for community service? I’ve already submitted my app but did not realize I wrote 40 weeks instead or 4 on one service. </p>

<p>The app reads
Key Club: 4hours 40 Weeks
This would amount to an insane number of hours as I did key club all 4 years
Is there any way to get this fixed? HELP D:! </p>

<p>Should I send a letter to the admissions offices notifying them of my request?</p>

<p>I don’t think there is any way to change the number but I am sure you can send them a letter with your request. That would be the best thing to do.</p>

<p>I don’t think it will become a problem. They only audit ~1% of the apps randomly. It sounds like it was an honest mistake and not trying to game the system, but again, the chance of them even asking you about it is very slim.</p>

<p>I would contact them and try to get it fixed because I wouldn’t want them to think I was trying to lie or anything. Up to you, but the chances of them asking about it are pretty slim.</p>

<p>Call them. For reals. Last year, I got checked. Its 10% not 1% (it said so in the letter I got). Just make sure you get this taken care of BEFORE applications are reviewed…because if you happen to get checked…it won’t look good. You’ll have to mail back proof that you did do 40 weeks worth of work and on the form they send you, there’s only 2 options: I will send in evidence of blablabla or I will withdraw my application to the University of California (and picking this option means they will not allow you to apply for UCs again in the future…ever). </p>

<p>Even though the chances of that happening are pretty slim…well =/ Do you really want to risk it?</p>

<p>You can submit a written correction to:</p>

<p>UC Undergraduate Application Processing Service
P.O. Box 4010
Concord, CA 94524-4010</p>

<p>Be sure to include your full name, application ID, date of birth, a full description of the mistakes and your corrections. I would suggest printing out the sections of the application that contain the mistakes and mark your corrections on the printout for easy reference.</p>

<p>What if they do audit you and your hours are a bit off? But not too much off but a bit off…</p>

<p>cloudsinmycoffee, as long as your advisor vouches for you, you will be fine.</p>