Majors when Applying / Changing Majors

<p>hey, </p>

<p>I'm not sure if i would rather major in Engineering or Math. When I apply to tech, if i put down Eng, and dont get into that dept, and got Uni Studies, would I have had the same likelihood of being accepted into Uni Studies as somebody who just applies to Uni Studies? </p>

<p>Also, what depts are the impacted ones, where its possible to get declined to the dept but get accepted for Uni Studies? Is Math one of them?</p>

<p>As for transferring to another major (if math doesnt pan out), how hard is it to do? I saw the page on the UniStudies page, where I would have to complete certain classes, but how hard would it be to transfer into engineering or business?</p>

<p>Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Taaaaffffy</p>

<p>oh and also, if i get deferred from Early Admission, does that mean my application is in the same hat as everybody who is applying RD, or is it pretty much like if you didnt get in EA, don't expect to get in RD?</p>

<p>i think by deferral they consider you later for regular decision..but shouldn't you have received the decision already?</p>

<p>im a high school junior... so if i think im kinda on the border of accepted/deferred, do you guys think i should just not try ED and go RD?</p>

<p>If VT is your clear first choice there's no reason to not go ED. My son's friend got in ED & it really seems like he was borderline to low for their stats. At an admissions session the director said "We look for reasons to accept you, not reasons to deny." I would think ED would be a good reason to push a borderline applicant into the accept catagory. You do realize that engineering as a major is much harder to get into than math.</p>

<p>yeah, i just see that they only accepted 20% of ED applicants, so im wondering what happens to that 80% that get deferred.</p>

<p>they accept 50% of ED applicants...
i got defferred ED, but got in the engineering school in RD...cool</p>

<p>A kid in my school did ED was deffered and was accepted regular- so I assume you're in the same group them</p>

<p>I don't know their stats however</p>