Mallet Assembly

<p>Is Mallet just for guys? Also anyone in it? Do you know what it’s like? What do they do? Any info greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Mallet is coed and very diverse. I have a lot of friends, both male and female, who are in Mallet and all enjoy it immensely. </p>

<p>Mallet has a lot of different activities, but Malleteers can participate in as many or as few as they want. Some people also live in Mallet (Palmer Hall). Living in Mallet has the side benefit of being inexpensive as housing is charged at the standard double occupancy rate and residents are welcome to paint/decorate their rooms however they please.</p>

<p>Malleteers are generally very friendly and very intelligent, though not all participate in the Honors College. While Mallet shares many characteristics of a Greek organization in terms of fostering siblinghood and having its own facilities (its charter requires UA to provide it with a dorm of its own), the similarities really end there.</p>

<p>what is the Mallet assembly exactly?</p>

<p>I like to think of the Malleteers as a group of “free thinkers”…kind of a quirky bunch of kids.</p>

<p>Bump
10char</p>

<p>How can I apply for it?</p>

<p>Over the course of this thread, I have been considering joining Mallet.</p>

<p>More information about Mallet, including application information, can be found on the Mallet website. [The</a> Mallet Assembly](<a href=“http://www.mallet-assembly.org/index.php?title=Main_Page]The”>http://www.mallet-assembly.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)</p>

<p>Mallet is definitely a great opportunity for some people, but not right for everyone. The description as a bunch of quirky free-thinkers said it best…it’s kind of as if you took a dorm from a hippie college up north and plopped it down in the middle of Bama’s campus. What I generally think of when I think of Mallet is a large group of kids standing on the front lawn smoking cigarettes at all hours of the day.</p>

<p>A hippie college up north? What?
Just kidding…I won’t counter that comment! </p>

<p>Smoking cigarettes…</p>

<p>I was quite enamored when I saw them during our visit, kiddie pool and couch on their front lawn. DS has considered this since attending UA and is friends with quite a few of the guys (and girls).</p>

<p>regina-
When visiting campus, we would always see a flurry of activity around Mallet. Yes, someone was always on the stoop having a smoke. My daughter actually highlighted Mallet for her Honors Photography class last summer. Her assignment was to design a pictorial portfolio and her word was: MYSTERY</p>