Mallet Assembly

<p>I found out about Mallet Assembly a little while ago and just recently got around to doing some research on it. I have an idea of it but I still can’t really figure exactly what it is or what it does or how it is incorporated within UA. Could someone with any kind of experience with the group fill me in a little? I’m trying to figure out if it’s something I’d be interested in doing.</p>

<p>Officially, the Mallet Assembly is the oldest honors program at UA and has a charter that requires UA to provide it with a dorm for Mallet’s exclusive use that will be self-governed by Mallet. It’s often [jokingly] described as the “anti-frat frat” in that the members live together, organize their own activities and community service projects, and have an application process and membership dues, yet has many members who are not the type who would want to be in a fraternity/sorority. The organization itself is coed and attracts many different types of people. When you get on campus, feel free to contact them and ask about a tour of Palmer Hall (the Mallet dorm/community area).</p>