March 15th...

<p>I have heard this date thrown around a bit... March 15th, the day admissions decisions could possibly be on line. The day before my birthday actually =P anybody else nervous? I know I am...</p>

<p>I really am after being deferred from Lehigh ED.</p>

<p>Is the 15th really a possible date? I do not want to commit my hopes and then have to wait another two weeks. Ahh...this is my top choice...If I don't get in here, its off to good old Christopher Newport, which I didn't even know was a college until like a year ago.</p>

<p>I wouldn't get you hopes up. VT did announce April 1st as their release date.</p>

<p>Well, VT has always put up decisions online over a week before that date, and it seems to have a trend of getting slightly earlier each year. Last year, for example they were online March 23rd. I am just kinda crossing my fingers, no matter what day they are released I am still nervous =P.</p>

<p>This is my top choice too Kindaslick haha, I don't know, I guess I am just getting the pre-decision jitters. If I don't get in here, I'm headed up to Penn State: U Park</p>

<p>I don't know if its the same for freshmen decision, but I did the transfer application and I called them yesterday & they said they are sending out those letters in march and april even tho the site says you'll have your answer on may 1st. the lady said may 1st is the latest, but they are sending them out march /april</p>

<p>Did any of you call the admissions office and get march 15th as a possibility? Or is this just a rumor spread by other applicants?</p>

<p>I actually saw this in an email sent to me by rotc, wanting me to join and encouraging me that i would receive a decsion of admission to the university by March 15th. Not doing ROTC, and I got into the university via early notification. Good luck to you all, i think you should hear very soon.</p>

<p>I called the office of admissions and that was what they deemed the "most likely date of online notification, and the date [they] are shooting for." I mean it's not for sure, but we can dream!</p>

<p>Thanks esmitty ;-) hopefully the ROTC notification is the same as regular decision!</p>

<p>Your welcome :D but i do think you misunderstood. It wasn't the ROTC notification date, the dude from ROTC was just telling me i would no whether or not i got into the university (not ROTC) on March 15th. (I.E. ya'll should hear back soon) .Sorry if i confused any one. Again, good luck to everyone here and hopefully i'll see you next year!</p>

<p>i heard like 3 weeks ago</p>

<p>Yes, same here.</p>

<p>I missed honors eligibility by 20 points on my SAT and .02 on my GPA :( I wasn't too happy when I realized that</p>

<p>I only missed on gpa. Being lazy in high school is starting to come back and haunt me.</p>

<p>I heard some kids at school today saying that March 15 was the date, there may be some legitimacy to this, YAY no more wait!</p>

<p>Granddaughter heard last year, later than the 15th. 23rd sounds about right. Good luck applicants!</p>

<p>The rumor around here is that a student contacted admissions within the last few days and was told that they were going to try to release decisions tomorrow at 5pm to be displayed for Pi Day.</p>

<p>Can't say what the merit of the claim is though.</p>

<p>Huh? I got my decision 3 weeks ago and was accepted. Haven't they begun to mail most decisions? I also would be going as a cadet if that makes a difference.</p>

<p>at least most non-honor regular decision Virginia Tech admissions decisions have not yet been released. Those are what we are talking about</p>

<p>
[quote]
The rumor around here is that a student contacted admissions within the last few days and was told that they were going to try to release decisions tomorrow at 5pm to be displayed for Pi Day.</p>

<p>Can't say what the merit of the claim is though.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I doubt they would do anything in honor of "pi day" but it would be really cool if they released them tomorrow anyway! Hahaha.</p>

<p>But yeah Wilson, some of us are still waiting on decisions, you were eligible for honors so you heard a few weeks earlier than the rest of us.</p>

<p>Make sure you all post your decisions!! I can't wait to hear, the suspense is killing me!!!!!!</p>