Marching Band + Music

<p>Is anyone here a member of Purdue's marching band? I am an accepted high school senior into the liberal arts program, and I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the instrumental music department at Purdue.</p>

<p>I have been highly involved in music during high school, having been a part of our jazz band, orchestra, wind ensemble, percussion ensemble, drumline, marching band, a highly competitive youth orchestra, and honors state level groups, and I really want to be a part of it at Purdue.</p>

<p>First of all, do you guys have lots of fun in Purdue's marching band? Is it hard, challenging, yet fun? (the way I like it haha)</p>

<p>Also do you know how competitive spots are for the drumline? (i'm going to put my priority on upper battery, like snares and tenors, yet i'd be fine with bass)</p>

<p>Is it possible for freshman to be accepted into the Symphonic Band(the higher band I presume), the symphony orchestra? How competitive are spots for the higher bands?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>If no one replies, I’d go to the band office which is in the basement of Elliot Hall. I was considering on doing marching band also but decided not to. But the people who will give you information are very nice and informative.</p>