Marist Application Portal 2020

I applied to Marist using Common App on January 1. My application shows as complete and submitted, like the others, but Marist has not sent me the information to activate my application portal.

Is this normal for Marist? I know some schools like U Maryland don’t use application portals, but I thought most do.

They are supposed to send you a letter in the mail with a ID and password but my daughter did not receive one either. Email admissions or call them and they will give it to you on the spot.

Marist really needs to clean up their admissions process… not only is using snail mail outdated, the fact that that they can’t even get that out consistently is really bad.

Thank you. After your reply, I emailed the admissions office. They have not answered.

Nearly a month after I emailed Marist, they responded. The rep said they did not have a couple of documents CA verified as delivered and that every other school received. The rep said he would check with the Admissions Intake department and see if they actually have the documents. A week later and I have heard nothing else.

So frustrating.

Does Marist still use snal mail for decision letters? When do letters go out?

I don’t know. Sry

My son received this email yesterday, so hopefully in mail this week?:

“The Admission Committee has wrapped up its review of the candidates for the class of 2024, and I am excited to let you know that positive news is on its way to your mailbox!

While you wait for your letter to arrive, I’d like to extend an invitation to you to attend a celebratory reception on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Marist Executive Center, located at 420 5th Avenue (between 37th & 38th Streets).

We would love for you to join us to learn more about the Marist community from admission staff, current Marist students, and alumni, and meet other potential students and their families in the Marist Class of 2024!“

That sounds good for you!

Any news regarding the decision letters? I am an international student and I didn’t receive one yet.

Apparently they were mailed out!

My daughter received her acceptance on the 14th but I had called Marist and they said you could hear up until March 30th! So don’t give up!! Good luck!!

I was waitlisted. :neutral: So disappointed.

I never got a response about accessing my portal. But one day a couple of weeks ago, a letter arrived with word about the waitlist decision and a form for LOCI.

Now I have to choose between Ursinus, Knox, Stetson and Loyola Maryland. The money will be about the same. I just have to figure out which will be better for me.

Marist just accepted me off waitlist. I don’t know what to do.