Marr's Spring is restored!

<p><a href=“http://dialog.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/campus1.jpg[/url]”>http://dialog.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/campus1.jpg</a></p>

<p>this looks really good</p>

<p>located just west of Student Center Plaza buildings and Comer</p>

<p>University students used it as a swimming hole back in the day!</p>

<p>Thanks for the link. It really looks great!!</p>

<p>Back when I was at UA we actually used Marr’s Spring as a way to keep overbearing actives in line while pledging. Pledges pretty much had to take whatever was dished out. The one recourse was the pit. Once in a while an active would really be an ass and the pledges were allowed to throw him in the pit (with a few ground rules) to make him realize he needed to back off a bit. If he kept being an ass they could throw him back in again and as many times as necessary until he learned he needed to tone things down a bit. </p>

<p>My pledge class only threw one guy in (twice). Of course I was never a jerk to other pledge classes so I never got tossed in myself :-).</p>

<p>Oh my gosh, how beautiful. I love foot bridges!!</p>

<p>Is that to the left as you are walking from the Ferg to the Publix? If so, someone joked during a tour that it was actually the practice pool for the Auburn swim team ;)</p>

<p>Yes, if you’re going down Campus Drive from the Ferg to Publix then it’s the small pond on your left.</p>

<p>auburn is actually the only school to my knowledge to ever get their swim team put on NCAA probation. How pathetic and corrupt do you have to be to resort to cheating when recruiting swimmers. Those Branch Bovinians are on a level to themselves when it comes to corruption.</p>

<p>I used to take a little footpath that crossed the little stream by using the brick wall around the cistern.</p>

<p>I think this is the second or third time it’s been restored since I graduated in 1974. When I was a student, it was an overgrown muddy place on the edge of campus.</p>

<p>To be fair, Auburn has a really, really good swim team - national champions more than once. We’ve had good ones, too, just not as successful.</p>

<p>^^^Not to hijack the thread, but Auburn’s swim team is awesome! Watch the Summer Olympics. Many of the competitors are Auburn students, from lots of countries.</p>

<p>On a brag note, Bama’s swim team beat Auburn’s swim team last fall, the first time since 1992, I believe. So proud of them!</p>