Master List of "Unified Audition" Schools

@mommydi. Every school is different. When you receive your audition confirmation it should tell you how long to allow. Some we have been to are only 10 min and others you have to leave almost the entire day free. It’s a jigsaw puzzle to coordinate but it can be done. The few that are off campus are all extremely close to the Palmer House. Just give yourself a buffer of at least an hour for schools that are running late. I found most to be very punctual and keep the auditions running on time.

Can anyone confirm that Temple, Texas State, MSM, and Point Park all do walk ins? I’ve heard a lot of conflicting things and just want clarification on it. Thanks!

@jacobhendrickson We’ve never been, but my understanding is the past is not a reliable indicator of whether a program will do walk-ins or not; this is because whether a program does walk-ins or not is a function of whether the prospective students who have applied (and if applicable for that school, passed pre-screens) have filled their audition slots up. You won’t know which schools are doing walk-ins until either something is posted and / or shared at the unified audition location itself or the school uses another means to convey this information.

With that said, I believe Temple, Texas State, MSM and Point Park have done walk-ins at some juncture in the past.

Unfortunately there is never really a complete list until you get there and it seems to change daily so keep checking :). We used to walk the rooms daily to check for sign ups.
We also received an early acceptance this week and are cancelling some of the unified auditions we had scheduled. I am sure others do the same or perhaps even have last minute things come up preventing them from attending. These are just a few things I’m sure affects openings for unified auditions.

Yeah, the walk-in thing is unpredictable. We put that indicator on the master list mostly just to give people an idea if a walk-in might be possible for that year. I hope the people who attend NY Unifieds in January can refresh the info! No one should ever count on a walk-in audition for a program they are really interested in - you should guarantee your slot by applying to the school but anecdotally many MT applicants have found good fit programs by doing walk-ins. A lot of times you hear people say “I’d never considered X but they had space, I did a walk-in and I just loved them”. It seems like a great way to broaden your net.

In our last go-round with my older daughter, there were schools that had walk-ins in NY that did NOT have walk-ins in Chicago.

Temple, MSM, and Point Park are pre screen schools. Most pre screen schools don’t do walk-ins.

Actually, in our experience with our older daughter, a lot of pre-screen schools did do walk-ins. In fact she got a walk-in MT audition for one of the schools @StarWarsDad mentioned, Temple, that turned into an acceptance. @jacobhendrickson … it’s best to apply, pre-screen for schools you REALLY want and use the walk-ins to explore additional options. Also, if they did walk-ins last year it doesn’t mean they will for sure this year. It depends on their availability.

The Unified website had been down a few days and is back up. The site states that Unifieds encompass 26 universities, but we are doing auditions at at least three that aren’t on the list (JMU, BU and Syracuse). Are these schools just not officially affiliated as “Unified” schools? I guess that may mean that there are many more than 26 schools that are “adjacent” to Unifieds that weekend?

@CBSQandA In order to be an “official” Unified school you must attend all three locations. That is why there are auditions for many schools during the Unifieds timeframe and city that are not listed on the official list.

@CBSQandA some schools that are not “official” unified schools offer off-campus auditions in the same cities on the same days as Unifieds, but not at the exact same location. For example, Unifieds in NY are at Pearl Studios but some schools are having NY auditions at Ripley Grier (which is right next door) or at Chelsea Studios (which is a cab ride away), etc. I believe that is the case with JMU. Just check the location when you are scheduling.

Thank you! I knew some schools were at different places but somehow when I was scheduling I forgot that! I will check now and make sure we aren’t cutting it too close between auditions!!

Syracuse doesn’t seem to be attending unifieds in Chicago. Unless I’m missing something.

Syracuse auditions at a different hotel in Chicago during Unifieds.

University of Northern Colorado won’t be in Chicago during unifieds either this year.

@mindatwork - Syracuse MT will be holding auditions at Chicago Unifieds. Look under “Drama Regional Auditions” on this page:

https://vpa.syr.edu/admissions/undergraduate/visit/

They will be auditioning at the J.W. Marriott Feb. 3, 4, 5.

So guys - if you have any updates to this year’s list it’s really helpful if you update the master list in addition to commenting . For example - If U of No Colorado will not be at Unifieds, it’s helpful to take them off the list (like I did below). I know it seems like a lot of work but it really isn’t and it does help to keep the master list accurate and it allows for a quick reference going forward.

This list is a work in progress to be maintained as more recent information is determined. Please update as needed.
If you have ANY updates do not post them as a comment - Carefully copy and paste the ENTIRE LAST LIST AND THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

School , Location , Unified or Other , Walk-ins?

American Academy of Dramatic Arts, CH,LA, Yes
Ball State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Baylor University, CH, Non-unified, Yes
Boston Conservatory at Berklee, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Boston University (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Butler University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
California Institute for the Arts (CalArts), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Coastal Carolina, CH/ LA Non-Unified , Yes
Cornish College of the Arts, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Dean College, CH, Yes
DeSales University CH, Yes
Drake University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Emerson College, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Five Towns College CH, Yes
Florida State University (Acting Only), NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Fordham University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Institute of the Arts Barcelona, NY, ?, Yes
Ithaca College, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
James Madison University (MT & TH), NY, Non-Unified, No
Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts (LIPA), CH, LA Non-Unified , Yes
Long Island U. (LIU-Post), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Long Island U.(Brooklyn) CH, Yes
Lynn University CH, Yes
Millikin
Missouri State, CH, Non-Unified, Yes
Molloy College/CAP21, CH/ LA, Non-Unified , Yes
Montclair State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Nazareth College, CH, Yes
Nebraska Wesleyan, CH, Non-Unified, ?
New York Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts (NYCDA), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
New York Film Academy CH, Yes
Northern Illinois University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes (Acting only I believe in NY)
NYU-Tisch , NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Oklahoma City University (OCU), CH , Non-Unified , Acting Only, Yes
Ohio Northern, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Ohio University, NY / CH / LA, Non-Unified, Yes
Otterbein University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes (CH)
Pace University, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Pennsylvania State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Point Park University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Rider University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Roosevelt University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, NY, ? Yes
Royal Welsh Academy, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Rutgers (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Southern Illinois University, CH, Yes
Southern Methodist University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
SUNY Cortland, NY, ?, Yes
SUNY Purchase, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , Yes
Syracuse University (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Temple University, NY / CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Texas Christian University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Texas Tech, CH, non-unified
Texas State, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , Yes
The New School, CH, Yes
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
The University of Evansville, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
The University of the Arts, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Arizona, CH / LA, Yes
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
University of Cincinnati (CCM), NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of Evansville, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Hartford - The Hartt School, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Illinois/Lyric theatre, CH, Yes
University of Miami, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Michigan, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of Oklahoma - Helmerich School of Drama, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Oklahoma - Weitzenhoffer School of Musical Theatre, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of Utah, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
UW - Steven’s Point, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Viterbo University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Webster University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Western Connecticut, NY, Non-Unified, ?
Western Michigan, CH , Non-Unified , Yes

@CaMom13
Thanks ? I was on my phone when commenting and still am. Was going to update when I got home.

You da best @anastasiasmom !