Match me please

<p>Hello, I've applied to UVA and Texas A&M so far. I am looking for a few other schools to apply to. I am a Virginia resident and am looking to be an engineering major. I would like to be at a school with a student body that is generally conservative, but also one where I will get a good engineering degree. I would prefer to go south of where I live right now (Northern VA). Thanks in advance</p>

<p>What are your test scores and gpa?</p>

<p>GPA: 4.3 W, 3.85 UW
Class Rank: 18/590
SAT 2030: 750 Math, 660 Writing, 620 CR
ACT 31: 35 Math, 28 Reading
9 AP’s and good EC’s</p>

<p>Goergia tech could be a good fit</p>

<p>Thanks! Yeah, I’ve looked at it but a few discrepancies: it sounds like they seem to weed a lot of their students out, and also the 70:30 male:female ratio isn’t too promising :S</p>

<p>Lol that ratio sounds brutal.
What about U of Arizona?</p>

<p>I’d like to stay somewhere near the east, with Texas as an exception if that helps at all</p>

<p>The University of Alabama would give you a scholarship for engineering based upon your test scores.</p>

<p>Florida State is in Tallahassee, a very conservative area</p>

<p>Thanks for the input! @kldat1 one of my friends is doing just that! @Smooth that seems like a viable option. It seems as if i’m in a dilemma. Top engineering schools and south/conservative don’t seem to go together :/</p>

<p>IMO, some schools known for their great engineering program and geographically near your side of the country would be Penn State, Virginia Tech, Purdue, Cornell and a little farther west University of Illinois-Champagne. Good luck!</p>

<p>Why are you not considering Virginia Tech?</p>