Match me with some BS/MD programs that are available for Texas Residents

Demographics

• US domestic

• State/Location of residency: Texas

• Type of high school: Small-Town Texas 4A (class size ~250)

• Gender/Race/Ethnicity: Female / Russian

• Other special factors: First generation

Intended Major(s) Biological Sciences, nutrition, microbiology, biochemistry (still undecided)

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 4.0

• Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 4.89 out of 5.0

• College GPA (for transfers): 4.0 (Dual Credit Classes)

• Class Rank: First

• ACT/SAT Scores: 35 ACT (34 Math, 33 Science, 36 Reading and English, no essay)

Coursework

Dual Credit Only

Junior Year: 8 single-semester classes - US History 1&2, Environmental Science 1&2, Statistics, College Algebra, Medical Terminology, Pathophysiology

Senior Year: 6 single-semester classes - Pre-Calculus, Calculus I, Government, Economics, Composition 1&2

Awards

All-State flute player Sophomore year

Qualified for All-Region and All-Area Flute Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior Year

2 Years in a row as Most Valuable Wind Ensemble Member Sophomore and Junior Year

First chair flute player Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Year

Extracurriculars

Worked as a TA for US History professor (Helped him edit his dissertation as well) Junior Year

Marching Band Flute Section Leader Sophomore & Junior Year

First Chair Flute Player Sophomore, Junior, Senior Year

Volunteered at animal shelter (Maybe 30 hours? Covid messed everything up for me)

Played marching band solos on flute and piccolo Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Year (Also had a flute solo at a Spring concert in 8th grade)

Competed at an All-State marching band contest Freshman and Junior year (Earned 6th place Freshman year and 2nd place Junior year)

Competed at an All-State Computer Applications Competition Junior Year

Member of the Lone Star Youth Winds (Elite Concert Band in Texas) Freshman and Sophomore Year

Member of HOSA and NHS

Essays, LOR

ngl I hate writing essays with a passion so maybe 7/10 at best if I try. Should have some 7/10 LORs.

Notes

Russian is my first language and I can comprehend Korean at about an A1 (Mayyybe A2) level. Blame my Korean Drama phase.

I found a cardiac surgeon to shadow and recently applied to a PT clinic in my area to volunteer at for clinical experience.

Cost Constraints / Budget

Household income at ~$120,000 per year with around $100,000 in my college fund. EFC ~ $25,000 but they’d never spend this much on me

Extra

Please match me with some BS/MD programs that are available for Texas residents. Don’t care about what state they’re in as long as they accept residents of Texas. Thanks!

Have you seen this list and larger discussion

Oh my gosh, no, I didn’t, thank you so much!

Good luck! Many helpful folks on that thread.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.