Match my HS junior who is interested in a pre-med or PA and art

Thank you for this detailed information. RIT does seem like it could be a great fit with so many of the things D is looking for in a college.

Re: applying early to Pitt, the admissions counselor when we toured recommended the same thing!

Hope your daughter hears back soon from RIT with a great offer!

Has your family thought about Monmouth in NJ? It’s right by the beach, and there seem to be a lot of pre-health programming for students if they want to go the PA, med school, or other related routes. She could major or minor in art as well. It’s a little over an hour’s drive in to New York City, so there should be plenty of day trip options there, too.

A school that’s not too far from you that is right on a lake is Furman. It’s about 2300 undergrads, but it’s in Greenville which has really been growing and many people are very complimentary toward its downtown. Although there used to be a religious affiliation, there is no longer one.

Another idea I just want to throw out is Simmons. This is a women’s college of about 1800 students in Boston. It’s part of Colleges of the Fenway, (CoF) whose website says, “With over 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students, more than 700 full-time faculty, and 2,300 course offerings, your opportunities are limitless.” CoF allows cross-registrationat the other universities, and there are combined intramurals and other extracurriculars, like the theater group that seems quite active. Faculty advising is a core part of the curriculum, there’s a lot of support for undergraduate research, and here’s info on the neuroscience and behavior major there.

You are a great source of information on these boards! Thank you for the suggestions.

D wants to take the reins of the process now, so I have given her the big ol’ spreadsheet and wait to hear her thoughts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.