<p>Matches:
U of Illinois
UW-Madison
U of Iowa</p>

<p>Safeties:
Illinois State
Iowa State (Free app)
Marquette (Free app)</p>

<p>My match/ reach situation is kind of odd, because I'm almost, repeat ALMOST guaranteed admission to my "match schools", but I'm a little below the bar at my reach schools. If it helps:</p>

<p>3.7 GPA and still rising
30 ACT
National Achievement Outstanding Participant (Top 3%, and no scholarships or anything!, lol)
Plenty of extracurriculars from sports to community service (Soccer, NHS, French Honor Society, Key Club, Band, Church audio department, Tutoring at a local group for young boys led by a fraternity, and other things.</p>

<p>Basically my question is what kind of shape am I in?</p>

<p>Um, I’m not trying to be rude or anything (I even have the same ACT score as you) but a 30 is not a “little” below the bar at Yale. Not at all.</p>

<p>I don’t know that much about your match schools, but if you’re applying to 3 matches, you probably don’t need 3 safeties. As you made clear, it won’t be a waste of money, but if you have to write new essays, it might be a waste of time. So, look at the essay questions and if you feel like not applying to one or two safeties, that’d be fine.</p>

<p>I think with the mix of schools you have, you’re sure to get into a school you like.</p>

<p>Yeah. with that a litttle below the bar statement I meant Northwestern and Notre Dame. I really wanna know what my chances are there</p>