Math 142 or Stat 302?

Hi, to those who have taken those classes before, which one is easier? I am thinking about taking 18hrs next semester with bio and chem so I was just wondering which one would be easier if I am taking Math 141 right now and is doing good in it.

Below are the other courses I am thinking about taking next semester + Math 142 or Stat 302. Would this be too much for a freshman?

BIOL 111 w/ lab
CHEM 101 (just the lecture, no lab)
ENDS 101
ENGL 104
MUSC 280
JAPN 491

@jat0304 What’s your major and how are you already taking 141?

@jat0304

I can’t comment on your math class but would like to comment on your schedule:

JAPN 491
This class has a prerequisite which is junior or senior classification and approval from an instructor. It doesn’t sound like you are eligible to register for this class.

ENDS 101
This class is difficult for a freshman to get into unless you are in an honors program. If you are in honors, then try to sign up for the honors section with Hill. Also, have a 2nd choice class in case this one is full when you go to register.

I already talked to the Japanese prof and has credit for all the prereq but I might go double check with her again. For ENDS, I’m in the honors program so I get early registration. And yes, I plan on taking it with Hills :slight_smile: If you are in honors, do you have any easy honor classes that you recommend taking?

I am a public health major and 141 is required for us to graduate

So you’re a current freshman, got it. I was a bit slow earlier. 2 sciences will be hard, but if you’re science minded like it sounds like you are based on major, then you’ll be fine. You may want to take Math 142 at Blinn with an online course. That’ll help with your course load.

@jat0304 I don’t have any other honors recommendations. Hopefully you’ll get in Hill’s class. Good luck with registration!

ok, I’ll look into that. Thank you!