Math Placement Exam TAMU

Hello, I am an incoming freshman and am confused about the requirement to take a math placement exam. I have heard both that the exam is taken online within a certain time frame before the NSC and also that it is taken the second day of the NSC. Which is accurate for engineering students? Thanks!

2nd day of NSC, anything that says online is outdated. I talked to someone in the math department about it b/c I was confused as well.

This is a change for engineering & science only. Other freshman take it online pre-NSC. Here the link http://www.math.tamu.edu/placement/
I would highly recommend practice exams - some of the material on the exams you may have forgotten and some you may have not done without a calculator in years. It is a timed exam, so brush up on the basics too.

Is there anything important that I should know before taking the MPE for TAMU?

My son will be taking Math 140 at community college over the summer prior to starting as a freshman in the fall. He will take math 142 at home the next summer. Does it matter what he makes on the math test at A&M?

My son is an incoming engineering student and wants to take the practice MPE. My understanding is that they were online but all we are finding when he logs in to Howdy is the link to take the actual MPE. Is the practice test somewhere else?

@texasmom22 The practice MPE is located in the exact same place. Under the ‘my records’ tab, there should be a link to take you to the MPE instructions, click the link that says “Take MPE” and you will be directed to the practice test. The practice test is all free response with a few multiple choice. The actual MPE, however, will be 100% multiple choice.