Math Placement Exam

<p>Has anyone taken the Math Placement Exam?
If yes, can you please describe the amount of problems, what kind they were, level of difficulty, etc.
Thanks!</p>

<p>It’s 33 multiple choice problems(no calculator) based on precalculus and algebra II which you have 90 minutes to complete. I got a 33/33 in about 20 minutes so I’d say it’s pretty easy, but I’m in Ap calculus right now.</p>

<p>I’m in AP Calculus too but I’ve forgotten most of my Algebra and Pre-Cal. -_- Are there a lot of simplifying questions on the Exam? 'Cause those are killing me.</p>

<p>Actually there were quite a few simplifying questions on the exam lol. They have a practice test and some info that helps if you need a review on the assessment site. good luck, and don’t worry i’m pretty sure it doesn’t even matter what you get, it just helps them “recommend” a math class for you.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m in AP Calc too and took a look at some of the practice problems and they didn’t seem that easy. Seemed like there was a lot of Algebra II though, finding domains and such… I’ll probably take it in the next few weeks. JD – what would you say there was the most on?</p>

<p>I’m in AP Stats and went from Alg 2 to this. I have an interest in getting a Stat minor but I have to take Calc first. How hard is it?</p>

<p>I’m reviewing the Practice Assessment… But it’s been awhile since I’ve seen some of those problems and I’m freaking out!</p>

<p>@SergeantCowboy it’s mostly algebraic simplification. make sure you know your logs, trig identities, algebraic properties, and graphing.</p>