Math placement results?

<p>Hi, I might just be missing it on the results page, but I have no idea how I did. When I completed the test, I only had about a minute left, and then I spent most of that minute reading how I could go back and change answers. Once I clicked, "no, just finish test", it told me I was out of time and my answers had been recorded. So now when I go to the results page, it has a few problems listed and examples of how to do them. Are those the only ones I missed, and if so, does that mean I just subtract those from 33 to get my score?<br>
Any guidance is appreciated. :P</p>

<p>Whoops, just had to “continue to test” at the bottom. :D<br>
My bad :P</p>

<p>So, swampalampa, my D had the same issue/confusion when she took the test initially. Were you in the real test or the practice test. I’m still confused about what happened to her.</p>

<p>It looks as if your daughter just neglected to continue all the way to the results page with that “continue to test” button Swampalampa mentioned. I found it strange when you said the test didn’t show her her results when it should have, so maybe that’s why.</p>

<p>Yeah, the website’s a bit confusing… I finished the test with barely any time (I’m a slow math tester :P) and was reading the last page. Apparently if you “run out of time” while at the end, it throws you out of the test when you click the “finish test” button, and just says “your answers are recorded”. So I went to the result page, located above the practice test, and it listed a few questions that I got wrong (fyi you can just count those up, they are in fact the ones you got wrong). But after completing the test, you can click the “continue to test” button at the bottom where you first got into the real test and it will tell your score and what classes you are approved for.</p>

<p>Yes, I think you’re right! She says she’s ready to retake. I’ll be glad when it’s done. For some reason it makes me a nervous wreck, that hanging out there unresolved. :S. Doesn’t bother her one bit!</p>

<p>Well, Swamp - she’s done and she passed. So I can quit being a neurotic mom…at least for now. ;)</p>

<p>So, students can take the real test online? I thought students had to go to A&M to take the real test and just take the practice test online.</p>

<p>Yes, they can take the real test online. In fact they have to take it prior to NSC.</p>

<p>You can take it 3 times with 30 days in-between tries.</p>

<p>There are practice tests and other tools there for preparation and review.</p>

<p>My D studied the ones she missed the first time through the study sheets provided on the results page, and she was golden the second time.</p>

<p>So I assume they send out a global email to all incoming freshman and transfers indicating they need to take the math placement test. I know a lot of the transfers have already completed either some or all of the math for their major. Has anybody else already completed their math and also received this email?</p>

<p>Not everyone has to take it. Some are exempt because of test scores or classes they already have credit for. But it’s required for engineering majors, and I think we got notified by email, snail-mail and it’s on the website. There are several reminders along the way - like some words in red print here and there. Maybe when they register for NSC, etc.</p>

<p>Yep, there’s really no way you can miss being notified about it.</p>

<p>I knew it had to be taken. I just was not aware it could be taken online. So, thanks cromette. Son says he will take a practice test today.</p>

<p>What I was really asking was, is there anybody that has already completed their required math but still got notification they need to take the MPE (Math Placememt Exam)? My son has taken College Algebra, Pre Cal, Cal I and Cal II so we figure he should be good to go but want to be sure before we just blow off the email he received saying he needs to take the MPE before his New Student Conference. We sure don’t want to hold up the registration process. Just curious if everybody is getting the same email regardless of what math they have already completed. I would think it would show “Exempt” or “Math Requirments Fullfilled” or something like that. We are still waiting to hear back from the Math dept that sent the email as well as his Academic Advisor.</p>

<p>Son is taking it. He is a NMSF. He has Calc BC. Also, SAT Math II and SAT Math scores in the 700s.</p>

<p>What’s his major, Fullbacker?</p>

<p>He is transferring in to Environmental Geoscience. We heard back from the math dept and they said transfers are also considered new students and also get the email like incoming freshmen but since he has already completed Cal I he does not need to take the MPE.</p>

<p>All Engineering majors need to take MPE. Maybe you should open that page again, login to your account and look if it shows your previous results. or call the admissions office and ask them to check your test results</p>

<p>Son took the MPE for the first time today, finished in 53 minutes, did not want to review his answers as it was his first time. He scored 33/33.</p>

<p>Kagraman, wait, who was your post directed to?</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son, perazziman! YAY! That’s one you can check off the list.</p>