Math placement, ugh

<p>I have read that some colleges only give a certain amount of college credit for the English ap tests even if a student does well on both eng ap tests. Is UA like this? I have chosen to not take English lit ap next year because of all the other ap classes I am in.</p>

<p>Yes, many colleges (including Bama) only give credit for one AP English exam…If you get a 3, then you get out of Frosh Comp I…If you get a 4 or 5., then you get out of Frosh Comp I and II.</p>

<p>*Unfortunately I have not taken any ap history classes but I am scheduled to take both ap psych and ap macro this year which both count as history classes at my school. *</p>

<p>Neither of those will count as History at BAma (and probably not at any other college either).</p>

<p>Could you take a AP history instead of psych? Psych only give you 3 credits…while AP History will give you 6 credits and fulfills the “sequence” req’t.</p>

<p>Ap credit link <a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama;

<p>It is good to know that there is no point in taking two English ap tests if UA only gives you credit for one solid score. Sadly, I have no room in my schedule for an ap history because I am dropping ap psych for ap calc. I saw that for admission they require 4 years of history. Although I am technically taking a history at my hs this upcoming year, ap macro, it doesn’t fall under history at UA so I really only have 3 yrs with a history class instead of 4. Will this hurt my application? Do they make u put down all your classes for Sr. Yr?</p>

<p>I don’t think it hurts your app…Bama understands that different states have different req’ts. However, you may want to drop an email to your recruiter just to make sure…</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/state.cfm?state=IL]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/state.cfm?state=IL)</p>

<p>Very likely, either one can answer…</p>

<p>That said…do you have to take AP Micro? I don’t see that you’re gaining much by that. Could you take an AP history instead? World? US? Euro?</p>

<p>Big 10 AJ - is your AP Econ course just Macro? I ask because my D is taking AP Econ next year and it’s a full year course that covers both Micro and Macro (she’ll have to take two AP tests, but it’ll be 6 credits). She wants to be a business major and micro and macroeconomics are required courses, so she’ll definitely be able to use those credits. Although Bama requires at least 3 credits of history to graduate (at least for the business school, which is what we’ve looked at), the admissions requirement is 4 years of social sciences, and both Econ and Psych would count toward that.</p>

<p>There should be no problem taking economics instead of a history course as they are both social sciences. My hs only offered 3 years of history/social studies, but I only took 2 years of history and then took 2 economics courses at a CC and was admitted to UA without difficulty.</p>

<p>^^
I agree that it probably will not be an admissions problem. I was just suggesting taking a AP history (instead of micro) so as to get 6 credits…and to fulfill the sequence req’t.</p>

<p>Along with SEA_tide, my hs only offers three regular history classes which I have already taken, all non-ap. </p>

<p>Beth’s mom, the ap Econ course is just macro. It is not evens full year course lol, it is just a semester. I’m glad to hear it will count towards the 4 yrs of social sciences required.</p>

<p>welcome big10aj!
Western Chicago burbs here, like quite a few others. You actually made a good (accidental) decision to not take AP Eng. IV since there’s a good chance you’ll get full credit from your AP III. Hated to see DS throw that one down the drain, waste of $85.
Sounds like you’ll be coming in with a lot of credits, that will really help you be able to find time for extra courses. Roll Tide and PM with any specific questions.</p>

<p>I’m not going to welcome you to the UA family until you change your name to “SECaj” :-)</p>