math(spec. in applied math) and statistics double major possible??

<p>Hi everyone ,
I have been selected for a math major at purdue. can i also double major in statistics without extending my graduation time. Also i have researched about some professors in stat/math who are world's best. eg. Eugene Spafford(comp and math), samuel s. wagstaff jr., jayanta kumar ghosh, sreeram abhyankar, Bruce A. Craig.
Also how is purdue's retention rate for its undergrad students who want to graduate at purdue only at the end of 4 yrs.</p>

<p>At the end of 4 years, only 40% graduate. At the end of 5 years, it jumps to 65%. At 6 years, is goes to around 72%.</p>

<p>Retention rate for first year students is about 85%.</p>

<p>that graduation rate is probably because most purdue students go out for their co-op program during 1 or 2 semesters and thus complete in 4.5-5 yrs.
I want to know if a double major in math and stat is possible and if i want to graduate from purdue,i.e., earn my M.s. in purdue what are my chances??</p>

<p><a href=“Home - Department of Statistics - Purdue University”>http://www.stat.purdue.edu/academic_programs/undergraduate/mathematical_statistics.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>So I would like to say that it is possible. I don’t know of anyone doing it, but the Mathematics/Statistics program looks like it would work for you.</p>

<p>Oh and the graduation rate is mostly attributed to the CO-OP, as you said.</p>