Math

<p>I will be a freshman business major in fall 2012. My question is how tough is Math 141 & 142? I'm in pre-calculus this year so is not haven taken calculus going to be extremely tough for math next year? Does TAMU offer pre-calculus to work my way up?</p>

<p>So you’re a senior now…taking pre-calculus now. Depending on your state, I believe pre-calc is the standard course for high school seniors. So, next year, you should be taking calculus. Pre-calc is giving you the foundations for calculus, so you’ll go into calc with the knowledge you gained from precalc, and should be ok. Are you in Honors Pre-Calc?</p>

<p>You’ll do completely fine in 141 & 142! I was in the same exact position as you! and I got A’s in both of them</p>

<p>what’s the difference between math 141 and math 151? my placement exam said that i qualified for math 151 and i’m a biology major.</p>

<p>Math 141 is Business Math 1. It’s mostly statistics and linear algebra. Math 151 is Engineering Math 1, which covers introductory calculus topics. Math 151 is essentially an engineering version of Math 142, so figure out which sequence of courses aligns with your degree plan.</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-P925 using CC</p>